Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Need help from EVERYONE! Dividing the country geographically...ideas?

Re: Need help from EVERYONE! Dividing the country geographically...ideas?

You could split it by time zones, which would be pretty easy to do. Pacific and mountain time are one zone, and central and eastern time are the other...

Or if you were trying to split it equally geographically, you could split it to the east and west of the -98 degree longitude line that basically splits the country in two. It's harder to decide if you're east or west of it if you're close to it though...
    Brian
    1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4x4
    Supercharged, URD'd, Lifted, etc. etc.
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodTimes
    I for one will say that I am the superb ultimate cream of the crop web wheeler and will not take anything less than that as my moniker.

I like the time zone one! Everyone knows what time zone they are in, so it would be easy.

That and it gives Texas to the East.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    Bump... because I want to know why. haha
    I figured any states that lay within the Appalachian range or its foothills could be considered the East.This is basically the areas to the east of the Mississippi and Ohio Rivers. Any states that lay within the Rockies or points west could be considered the West. States in between the two would be the central plains.

In my break down of just east and west, I think it really came down to the population density of each state. I consider the West to be much less populated than the East(with a few exceptions), so I just marked a border between what I thought were less densely populated states and those states that were more densely populated.

Just my $.02.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Thanks Dan. I actually meant that I want to know why they (UY) want us to divide East and West.
    My signature

Thanks Dan. I actually meant that I want to know why they (UY) want us to divide East and West.
    What time is the Pismo run each year?

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    What time is the Pismo run each year?
    We usually shoot for 9:30am Pacific Time, not sure what that has to with it?
    My signature

Oh, haha.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by gilby4runner
    N. Dakota
    S. Dakota / Minnesota
    Nebraska / Iowa
    Kansas / Missouri
    Oklahoma / Arkansas
    Texas / Louisiana

** / is divide of east and west
    Hope that makes sense..i am a little tired
    Historically, this would be fairly accurate. The St Loius Arch was built to symbolize the "Gateway to the West" and the western expansion. Also, when Northwest Airlines was created, it received its name from the geographic location of Minneapolis. At the time of the airline's creation in 1927, Minneapolis and Minnesota were considered "the Northwest" by many people in the east.

speaking of texas, since thats my home state, you can't put the whole state in one or the other. in my experiences i find that EAST of the houston-dallas line has a very eastern or "deep south" culture, much like you find in louisiana and mississippi. WEST of that line (ish) you tend to find more western culture similar to NM and arizona. the houston-dallas line is the blur between the two in my opinion. if you had to split texas, that's where i'd do it.
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

I'll trade you Texas for Minnesota.
    deal! we don't need to be classified with CA on anything!
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast