Thread: Video Editing Software

Video Editing Software

I'm in need of something new for video editing. I used to use Windows Movie Maker, but since I got a HDD camcorder, I've been unable to edit these new files - WMM doesn't recognize them even though they are .mpg files. They play fine in Windows Media Player btw. The files are widescreen format if that matters.

What is everyone using? Looking for a budget package that will allow me to stitch multiple clips together and add titles and transitions, etc.

Thanks!

2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps

Re: Video Editing Software

I've had decent luck with pinnacle studio. I have one of those HDD camcorders also and it seems to work fine. Rendering video takes a while though, but I think that goes for all software packages.
    2006 4Runner Sport Edition V8
    2011 4Runner SR5

if you didn't get my PM

Xilisoft has been working great for me...

Sorry Avy - I did get it. I located my problem and a solution via some Googling..

Turns out the files coming off of the camera are MOV files. (The camera software sucks, so I'm not using it) Instead, I'm using a batch routine someone created to translate the MOV file into an MPG. More importantly, this routine sets the correct aspect ratio in the file header (16x9) so the videos look as they should.

These MPG files are not recognized by WMM for some reason, but with another conversion to AVI format they are. I already have a license for the AVS4YOU video programs, so I opened the video format converter and performed a batch conversion on about 7 files (creating 1 AVI).

Seems to be working like a charm now, although I haven't viewed the images on a large screen yet to assure that I haven't lost anything in the translation. So far so good though.
    2010 Sequoia Limited Black - Bils UCA & Shocks, Borla Cat back, Morimoto Headlights
    2019 4Runner TRD Off Road Premium Dark Blue w/TRD Gunmetal Wheels - Kings/OME, 285/70R17 Nitto Ridge Grapplers, SSO BMC, TRD Skid, Victory 4x4 Blitz Sliders and Front Bumper, BD Fogs & Light Bar, Morimoto Headlights, Prinsu Rack
    2023 Tacoma Trail White w/Bronze wheels - CBI T3 Side Steps