Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Suspension lift 101

Re: Suspension lift 101

http://toyteclifts.com/index.php?pag...mart&Itemid=53

this is the kit containing the coilovers and the 890 rear springs. similar set up to the truck you liked on yotatech.

thanks troybou162.

about how much would labor be on the Ultimate lift kit for 96-02 4Runner?

2002 4Runner SR5&nbsp; /&nbsp; 3.4V6&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4WD&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4-Speed Automatic&nbsp; /&nbsp; Sonoran Steel System 7.2 Lift Kit&nbsp; /&nbsp; BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires&nbsp; 255/85/R16&nbsp; /&nbsp; Stubbs Welding Standard 1.5&quot; Rock Sliders&nbsp; / ARB Bumper / Safari Snorkel / BudBuilt Front Skid / PIAA 520 SMR 6&quot; Driving Lights /&nbsp; Deckplate Mod&nbsp; /&nbsp; K&amp;N Air Filter&nbsp; /&nbsp; OEM Bug Deflector&nbsp; /&nbsp; Husky Liners&nbsp; /&nbsp; Thule rack / Cobra 75 WX ST / Outdoor Logic Drifter Antenna Mount / Rugged Ridge Hawse Fairlead License Plate <br />Photos &amp; write-ups: http://frohbego.blogspot.com/

it cost me 50 bucks to have the front shocks installed on my truck. the rear can be done with a hi-lift jack at home. id guess 100-175 to have it all installed. a local forum member in your area may be a better source to get the rear installed cheaper.

Just wanted to get some more advise on here. I have decided to go with the Sonoran Steel lift - System 7.2 (2.5" Front & 2.5" Rear).

Any other parts i need to order with this?http://www.sonoransteel.com/store_co...tml#System_7.2

Whats a nice size tire to get with factory rims with this lift?

Also whats the largest size tire you can fit under a class III hitch? Do you all own fu size spares when you get new tires?

thanks!
    -JON
    2002 4Runner SR5&nbsp; /&nbsp; 3.4V6&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4WD&nbsp; /&nbsp; 4-Speed Automatic&nbsp; /&nbsp; Sonoran Steel System 7.2 Lift Kit&nbsp; /&nbsp; BFGoodrich Mud-Terrain T/A KM2 Tires&nbsp; 255/85/R16&nbsp; /&nbsp; Stubbs Welding Standard 1.5&quot; Rock Sliders&nbsp; / ARB Bumper / Safari Snorkel / BudBuilt Front Skid / PIAA 520 SMR 6&quot; Driving Lights /&nbsp; Deckplate Mod&nbsp; /&nbsp; K&amp;N Air Filter&nbsp; /&nbsp; OEM Bug Deflector&nbsp; /&nbsp; Husky Liners&nbsp; /&nbsp; Thule rack / Cobra 75 WX ST / Outdoor Logic Drifter Antenna Mount / Rugged Ridge Hawse Fairlead License Plate <br />Photos &amp; write-ups: http://frohbego.blogspot.com/

whos make a good on/off road tire (265/75/16) with a nice looking tread on the sidewall?

Jon-
    I am in Chadds Ford.
    I haven't been up in the Philly area in a while but my Runner usually can't be missed
    (at least I would like to think so)

I am running Sonoran's 1.2 kit (older version but still same basics)
    I did the install myself, including the assembly of the front coilovers in a parking lot across the street from my friends place.
    It is easy to do when you got two people working on it together.
    And now that sonoran offers to put the front assembly together for you for an extra 50 bucks, I think that is well worth the money.

As far as tire size go, you can stick with the stock 265/70/16, or go with the 265/75/16 size like I have now.

A good on and off road tire that I like an am currently using is the BFGoodrich All-terrain KO's

They have not failed me yet in anything I have needed to do (okay that's an exaggeration, when I am on really really tough trails I get a little slip here and there lol)

Another tire that I have been researching for when I get another set of rims to use as a daily driver set is the General Grabber AT 2.
    They come highly recommended off tire rack and I have talked and driven a few friends trucks that have them and must say they are very nice and they are in a very decent price range.

Another question, do you EVER plan on taking your 4Runner to the tails or are you doing this for strickly looks and and to get the ass end back up in the air again?

I am Avdian, Avi for short.
    Got any more questions regarding your proposed set up feel free to ask, that is what everyone here on UY is here for.

Welcome :-D

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123