Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: 2009 Pismo Jamboree (Sept. 25-27th)

Re: 2009 Pismo Jamboree (Sept. 25-27th)

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    I won't try to convince you too hard at this point since I don't know if I'll be able to drive yet or not either. Also, don't forget the possibility of a "truck pool" and driving in shifts - split the gas right down the middle - my truck also gets 20mpg average + I should have ~30 gallons on tap by the time this rolls around (stock 16 gal + 14 gal NWMP aux tank = 600 miles between fill-ups)
    Oh I know its still up in the air for me, but i am still going to start saving now just in case.

I was also thinking, by then I should have the tundra calipers and a trans cooler on....

Maybe I can tow yours and we can still split gas costs lol!

I need to get another gas tank on, but i need to get a rear bumper built to hold my spare...

If I have a Tundra by then and decide to drive, I can tow somebody as well.

If I fly, I can rent an FJ or something that is Toyota and 4wd. Not overly fond of thrashing it though.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    If I have a Tundra by then and decide to drive, I can tow somebody as well.

If I fly, I can rent an FJ or something that is Toyota and 4wd. Not overly fond of thrashing it though.
    can't we just make yours 4wd already, i am sure we can find a diff from someone that has sas'd and i am sure junkyards are littered with t-cases...

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun

can't we just make yours 4wd already, i am sure we can find a diff from someone that has sas'd and i am sure junkyards are littered with t-cases...
    hah, x2, Like a Nike campaign, Just Do It.
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    hah, x2, Like a Nike campaign, Just Do It.
    haha...I'd probably just swap in a R150 tranny and tcase before I go messing with the output shaft and whatnot on my 2WD tranny. Probably end up SASing it as well. I dunno...I've had some other thoughts lately though. If only I have money.

I don't want to do anything internally with my tranny at the moment. I'm trying to break my dad's record for longest lasting tranny at a local tranny shop. I'm at 213k on my original and have just another 11-12k to pass his record, which was a bit over 224k on his GM tranny.

-Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

.....I'm at 213k on my original and have just another 11-12k to pass his record, which was a bit over 224k on his GM tranny.
    Well, sounds like you need to come out, seeing as driving out here and back will put a big dent in getting towards that record.

Throw a locker in that rear and it will do great out there. On my prerun on Sun. I was 2wd with the locker on for almost the whole time.
    My signature

I don't want to do anything internally with my tranny at the moment. I'm trying to break my dad's record for longest lasting tranny at a local tranny shop. I'm at 213k on my original and have just another 11-12k to pass his record, which was a bit over 224k on his GM tranny.

HAHAHA!!
    My GTI has got you beat 215500 currently and still going strong!

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    .....I'm at 213k on my original and have just another 11-12k to pass his record, which was a bit over 224k on his GM tranny.
    Well, sounds like you need to come out, seeing as driving out here and back will put a big dent in getting towards that record.

Throw a locker in that rear and it will do great out there. On my prerun on Sun. I was 2wd with the locker on for almost the whole time.
    There ya go Dan, just prerun it, us 4wd guys are around if we need to pull you out :-)

you know i will be there woohoo maybe long travel or most likely sas
    i sell cars to soon to ever work on them

I know I remember the name storm, But dont recall a face..and your crazy dan with the tranny crap...What cha gonna do after you beat the record..? Throw it in reverse at 60 ?
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by stormtaco
    you know i will be there woohoo maybe long travel or most likely sas
    James, I knew I could count on you to come. I'll be jealous if you show up LT. Thanks for the shift knobs for last year's jambo.
    My signature

Page 3 of 46 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast