Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: New Project

Re: New Project

Got her cleaned up yesterday and all gasket surfaces and what not cleaned off.

Next step....dressing the edges up on the casting of the block, boring some of the drain holes in the front and rear of the block for draining of oil more towards the front and rear of the block to keep alot of it off the rotating assembly. Then it's off to the machine shop to be decked, notched cylinder walls, cleaned further, align honed and bored, and new cam bearings installed. Sonic tested as well for any cracks...

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.   

Any ideas what this motor is going into?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

If I can find a reasonably priced project such as Chevelle, Nova, or older Camaro then I'll go that route. I am also looking into S-10's, but not my primary choice.

I will have quite some time to decide and look around because this is going to take awhile. Machine work and stuff will be done fairly quickly. getting the parts will be time consuming because of the funds factor.
    I like sporking from behind.   

I like the S10 V8 conversions, small and light and you can find an S10 easy. Other options would be a regal v8, monte carlo v8, etc.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Or a Vega...but the S-10's are a dime a dozen. Saw quite a few on Cl today that were well within $600-$900 that had a bad engine or tranny.

The wife ruled out the Monte Carlo....she said that was too "rednecky" for around here....but I do like the older SS types though.
    I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Quote Originally Posted by callmej75
    Or a Vega...but the S-10's are a dime a dozen. Saw quite a few on Cl today that were well within $600-$900 that had a bad engine or tranny.

The wife ruled out the Monte Carlo....she said that was too "rednecky" for around here....but I do like the older SS types though.
    If you get an S10 with the a bad motor, I want that bad motor! lol
    I need an anchor for if my brakes fail on me lol!

If you got a Chevelle or Camaro, I will so be down there every weekend to help you with this project lol!

If its going into an S-10, Jag, Datsun, Volvo, or any other, check out http://www.jagsthatrun.com/ .

These guys pretty much invented the v8 swap. Alot of great info on V8 and V6 swaps into all kinds of vehicles, as well as swap parts, electronics.

Good stuff....thanks!

Just messing with some numbers on the desktop dyno...

Sweet! I vote for throwing that motor in a Dahtsun 510.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast