Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: looking for panhard drop braket in the range of 4 inches or so

looking for panhard drop braket in the range of 4 inches or so

ive about decided against the adjustable panhard bar since i can only visualize that sending the driveshaft more towards the gas tank during flexing. but now i cant find a panhard drop bracket long enough. downey is out of the question since theres is only 2 inches and they have been worthless to deal with for ordering parts. other then that i dont think anyone has one avalible for sale.

anyone know a shop and/or forum member making them?

Re: looking for panhard drop braket in the range of 4 inches or so

i would imagine any metal fab shop near you can handle making one
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

www.toyteclifts.com . i think they still have them, if your handy in the shop you can make your own from a trailer hitch.
    trd supercharger rear elocker 4.30 gears

Quote Originally Posted by 4runfun
    www.toyteclifts.com . i think they still have them, if your handy in the shop you can make your own from a trailer hitch.
    thanks i forgot to mention the toytec one is also too short, but i have a hitch hanging out in my garage. ill have to contact yotagirl when i get back and see if her "fab shop" is up for the challenge

you don't need a drop that long, me and 20005speed have been running the sonoran steel drop bracket, same as toytec with no problems. and bump stops will help, i'm running 35" tires right now with no drive shaft rub at all at full stuff.
    trd supercharger rear elocker 4.30 gears

roger brown(4crawler) can make any length you want.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Quote Originally Posted by 4runfun
    you don't need a drop that long, me and 20005speed have been running the sonoran steel drop bracket, same as toytec with no problems. and bump stops will help, i'm running 35" tires right now with no drive shaft rub at all at full stuff.
    yea its not necessary to have one at all but id like to loose the swiming feeling when i go over bumps on the road and my tire rubs on my fuel fill tube cover on the inside of the driver side wheel well. 2" is better then nothing but i wouldn't mind fixing it completely.
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen
    roger brown(4crawler) can make any length you want.
    yea i saw where he used to make them for 3rd gens. ill shoot him an email. thanks

i am running the toytec drop bracket. i dont see how having one that is an inch or two longer will make much of a difference. i used to rub the gas filler plastic cover a tiny bit, never hurt n e thing, idk if it still does with the sonoran bump stops.
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Quote Originally Posted by 20005spd
    i am running the toytec drop bracket. i dont see how having one that is an inch or two longer will make much of a difference. i used to rub the gas filler plastic cover a tiny bit, never hurt n e thing, idk if it still does with the sonoran bump stops.
    im at 2.75-3 inches of lift in the rear now and id like 4.5. if i lift 2ish inches more and drop the bar 2ish inches then im right back where i started. if fixing this correctly is going to be hard as heck, then ill be with you guys and the toytec drop.

Just my .02
    I have the Sonoran Steel adjustable panhard bar along with the extended bump stops from him, I have yet to rub the filler neck and i have yet to rub the drive shaft on the gas tank.

I have seen the set up on 20005spd and another 4Runner around my area, he doesn't rub and 20005spd can speak for himself

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast