Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Seanz0rz's interior mods

Seanz0rz's interior mods

So, any of you lucky enough to see or ride in my truck know what a fricken mess the interior has been over the last couple of years. the center console was a mess of wires, the AC controls weren't mounted to anything, etc, etc, etc. and the biggest pain of all was the complete lack of cup holders!

so after much thought, ive decided my carpc just does not belong in this vehicle, it has been replaced with a stock dash unit(thanks Avy, i owe you for that... haha):

to this, ive added 3 12v outlets, fused hot off the battery, but only come on with ACC:

my custom center console is staying however. the stock 98 console was crap, the lid cracked, and it was generally useless in every respect, especially as an arm rest. the new purpose for this console will be to house all my wiring experiments, a good set of cupholders, ample storage, and potentially a refrigerated compartment(thats a WHOLE other thread...).

the console now houses my CB radio (and will later house my ham):

my E-locker ECU (newly redone):

a dedicated fuse block that is only hot on ACC:

cup holders will go in the 99+ spot, to the left of the ebrake lever:

part of this new console is moving some switches around. i never enjoyed having the rear window switch in the middle, so it and its brother the ECT switch now reside on the left side:

the rr diff lock switch will go in the center console, likely with a master cutout(for all my offroad only goodies)

working on the outer skin for the console next week, hoping to finish it by the end of may.

i should add, if you have any awesome ideas, feel free to shout them out! always looking for new, creative ways of doing things!
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 06:37 PM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: Seanz0rz's interior mods

Sweet!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

looking good Sean!

what gauge wire did you run for your aux fuse block?
    I have the same exact one waiting to go in

Awesome..

I have the same exact fuse panel too. I ran the same gauge too it seems. iirc it was maybe 8, could be 6 tho? Bought it at napa and its just small enough to CRAM into the yellow ring connectors I had. Good tip: find a common wire nut (i use an AC one I had laying around) so you seal off the exposed bolt head on the block. This way no shorts period!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

yeah it will all get covered up, and that block will be relocated once more when i finish the inner and outer skins.

i also have that same fuse block under the hood for my lights and to run some of these things off of. that is hot off the battery.

to round out the front seat mods, here's my husky liners, my mag light mount (LED converted) and 25 dollar autozone seat covers:

next pictures will be of my cargo area modifications.
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 06:36 PM.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator

that looks pretty good... i kinda want to do a full custom center console and hvac controls on mine... i want my dash to light up a little better, and the clock doesnt work (and is in a horribly useless spot)...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Four words for the true electrical pimp-itude to do to the console..

Temperature Controlled Cup Holders!

For those winter runs to and from the coffee shop and to keep the Summer beverages in pristine flavor?? Rob them off a wreck and splice 'em in??

BTW..almost, almost did that myself.
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/interior/IMG_0847.jpg[/img]

Also..bypass switch and harness for operating the rear window while car camping.

i was considering adding an interior switch for the window, but what i really want more than anything is an interior door handle to open the hatch... otherwise i have to roll down the window and reach outside to do it...

maybe wire in a solenoid to pop the latch? wire it through the alarm remote, that would be pretty cool! something to look into someday.

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Temperature Controlled Cup Holders!

...Rob them off a wreck and splice 'em in??
    what vehicle you get them from?
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast