Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexus IS C starts at $38,490, RX450h at $41,660

Re: Lexus IS C starts at $38,490, RX450h at $41,660

You guys have no concept of what can be done to a muscle car. Just like we can make our trucks flex more you can make those cars handle like they are on rails. Lower kit, different springs, traction bars, swaybars, etc.

They originally were horrible, but modern tech can take care of that.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    You guys have no concept of what can be done to a muscle car. Just like we can make our trucks flex more you can make those cars handle like they are on rails. Lower kit, different springs, traction bars, swaybars, etc.

its not what can be done, its how much has to be done to make it a handling car

take a euro spec bmw, mercedes and or audi, or a Jap car and do less work to make it handle better then about 80k of weight shedding and suspension work along with chassis work on a muscle car to make it handle about as good.

and lowering, springs, traction bars and swaybars aint going to do jack on a muscle car, you have to do 10x more work then that to make it handle decent
    The art of design is how you communicate your message to said audience

We can all conceptualize what can be done to any vehicle when you throw enough $$ at it. A Camaro was nearly 4000lbs stock. That's gonna flex some sidewalls.

Well if I was going to buy a car purely for handling, I would buy and modify a '93-'95 MR2 Turbo.

There was a guy up in VA that had a modified Ford Ranger out on an autocross track. I was pretty impressed with how well he did, but it still didn't do anywhere near as well as the Subarus or MR2s out there.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

You all got it wrong
    You need to get this Volvo.
    This run was actually done about an hour away from my house and the car is located 2 hours from me.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XBu6STlhh8Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CI1PzhJ2fY

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Well if I was going to buy a car purely for handling, I would buy and modify a '93-'95 MR2 Turbo.

There was a guy up in VA that had a modified Ford Ranger out on an autocross track. I was pretty impressed with how well he did, but it still didn't do anywhere near as well as the Subarus or MR2s out there.
    eh id go with a miata to be honest if it was for handling. but an MR2 is up there
    Quote Originally Posted by Whitey

We can all conceptualize what can be done to any vehicle when you throw enough $$ at it. A Camaro was nearly 4000lbs stock. That's gonna flex some sidewalls.
    and thats a camaro, the bigger muscle cars, like the charger, challenger and the chevelle were like 4200 i think. thats more then a stock 4runner by nearly 300 pounds

Navigator

just buy a mkV supra turbo and be done with it :-P... build/tune it to 800rwhp, and you will smoke the muscle in a straight line, and kill the euros in the corners
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Whitey
    Quote Originally Posted by corax
    That camaro/FB/GTO/chevelle/nova might be faster in a straight line but you couldn't toss it into corners nearly as hard. If I was just looking for balls to the wall power in a straight line, then the IS wouldn't really be on my list anyway.
    Sure it can, not with a stock suspension tho.
    You should just buy a minivan.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9nAx2jtr3K8
    that video is hilarious... :-P
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    just buy a mkV supra turbo and be done with it :-P... build/tune it to 800rwhp, and you will smoke the muscle in a straight line, and kill the euros in the corners
    MKIV, not 5...I believe you meant to say.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    not so fast my friend, with that much power, you have massive understeer around the corners, would need to tune it down a bit.

even if you brake, you have to be seriously smooth with the throttle in order to not let it go into the ditch

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast