Thread: Seanz0rz's M-762 Trailer Buildup

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Seanz0rz's M-762 Trailer Buildup

why you should never give me 500 dollars:

i go and i buy stuff like this:

scored it for 500, now i have to battle the DMV to register it, but that's fun for later.

its a '67 M762 3/4 ton flat bed trailer.

the good:

looks relatively unmolested, besides the cage on top (staying for now)

tracked very well on the drive home, didnt clang around nearly as much as i thought it would. im extremely pleased!

the bad:

tires are crap:

one of the shocks is missing a bushing, and parking brakes disconnected:

some less than clean welds, but im not worried. it will be a great trailer with some small, relatively inexpensive upgrades. then after my summer trip i can start pouring money into the blender.

few questions for those in the know:

tires need to be replaced, with what? dont have alot of money to spend on new hubs/axles/tires/wheels. if i could find mil spec replacement tires, that would be ok for now, then i can sell them at a later date when i do upgrade to 6 lug hubs and matching wheels and tires.

registering the thing. doesnt have a title or registration. just apply for a new title? i have my bill of sale and the previous owner's bill of sale.
    Last edited by Seanz0rz; 08-25-2013 at 06:23 PM.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.