Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts and prayers for Paddlenbike

Thoughts and prayers for Paddlenbike

I know Ken doesn't like the attention or people worrying about him but he is in the hospital right now after a fall while hiking this past Friday. He was hiking alone along the Yuba River on a narrow trail when he lost his footing.

Most of the details and the story is located in this blog his sister started for him.
    http://kenemanuel.blogspot.com/

I spoke with Ken on the phone Friday night and he sounded great and let me tell you it was great hearing his voice. I spoke with Ken and his sister on Saturday morning and he was in good spirits. During Saturday's surgery he received a titanium plate to hold his cheek bone together and some pins and a bar to stabilize his right wrist.

He went in for surgery this morning to repair his pelvis which is good news. The past few days they were thinking they would have to postpone the surgery because Ken was still bleeding internally and needed 2 transfusions. I've gone into see him twice and he looks great. Well the first visit was a real eye opener but 2 days later he looked, to me, as if it had been 2 weeks. He's healing fast and is in hardcore restoration mode and it shows.

I just wanted to let the UY gang know that one of their own is currently down but he'll be back and quick.

Re: Thoughts and prayers for Paddlenbike

Praying.

holy crap! wishing him a speedy recovery. Please keep us posted on his recovery process.
    Lance
    TLCA Member

2003 4Runner SR5 4x4 Chaos Edition
    2000 Toyota Landcruiser
    19xx M416 Trailer

Chaos Edition Profile
    Operation Rebuilding Chaos Edition
    01001001001001110110110100100000011000010010000001 11011101100101011000100111011101101000011001010110 010101101100011001010111001000100001

Awful news.
    He and his family will be in my prayers tonight.

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Thanks guys and I will update as best as I can. Right now his sister and Mom are with him at the hospital and are updating the blog. I think the blog is a great way for everyone near and far to be kept up to date. His poor family is getting the same questions from everyone and their mom and most of the time it's from people they don't know.

I think that once his surgeries are complete and he is stable they will transfer him to Kaiser. The helicopter took him to Sutter so he'll remain there until he's stable or until Kaiser stops paying the bill. Either way I'm sure before too long he'll want out of the hospital and into the sunshine.

Holy crap Ive been hiking up there many times....... Hope hes doing well prayers are on there way.

FYI Sutters a really good hospital

The hospital and care seem to be top notch.
    I've had some hospital experence with Kaiser and I would say it's good but I was never in for anything too bad.

Jesus, Mary and Joseph, lost 40% of his blood?! Oh my...but... from what I read he has a very strong spirit and that's reassuring to know. A strong will helps folks get through. Prayers nevertheless indeed; my best wishes to your speedy recovery Ken.
    &#39;96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

Thoughts and prayers sent!
    I was reading and nearly choked cause I was breathless the entire time.
    What a strong guy.

Wishes for a speedy recovery here from PA.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    lost 40% of his blood?! Oh my
    Yeah. I guess he got a transfusion when they brought him in. He was in good spirits because he said he asked for Lance Armstrong blood and was bummed when they didn't have any. He just hoped they didn't pump him full of over weight, smokers blood.

I've heard todays surgery is over and everything went as good as they could have hoped for. They say he is in a lot of pain though. I know I would be if someone cut me open, went at me with power tools and filled me with hardware and metal.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast