Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: newbie from florida

newbie from florida

hello,i am from florida and a somewhat newbie to toyotas...this is my second one...first was a 85'xcab with 10" lift and 36's. now i have a 87'4runner that is all stock for now.but lots of mods are planned.anyway good to be here and i look forward to talking with everyone here. here are some pics of the runner.
    87'4Runner all stock for now

Re: newbie from florida

Welcome!
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Its not stock, looks lifted a bit, maybe a body lift. Cool truck and welcome to UY
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

its all stock...the 1st pic is chopped,i raised it up a bit.the other 2 pics you can se the rear wheel is much closer to the wheelwell.but it will be getting around 10" soon.and thank you for the welcomes.
    87&#039;4Runner all stock for now

here is a undoctored pic

Ah you are right, looks very nice indeed tho.

thank you very much.i did that pic as a possiblitily of how i might want it...lift wise,but i think i want bigger so it will clear 39" claws.

I would seriously look into doing a solid axle swap if your gonna go bigger than 35's. The IFS up front really cant handle much more after 35 inches.

You could easily swap in some chevy 1500 63 inch leafs in the back, then do the solid front axle swap (SAS) and use the rear toyota leafs up front. Alot of work but you will rock the 39's and have a near unstoppable machine imho.

Welcome to UY!
    Beautiful looking 4Runner you have there.
    Can't wait to get a 1st gen myself.

CJM is right, if you want to do anything bigger then a 35, a solid axle swap is necessary.

How ever with the right leaf and shackle combo in the back, and some ball joint spacers a little cranking of the front torsion bars you can fit 35s on there, possible have to do a little trimming as well.

Do you well a lot?
    IF you do and considering most of Florida's terrain I see where you would want such a Tall tire...

Welcome to UY and nice looking runner you have there!
    My signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast