Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: newbie from florida

Re: newbie from florida

thanks everyone.yes the ifs is being replaced for now with a 81'toyota straight axle(i pick it up next weekend).but it will have D60's front/rear with a 5.0 302 efi ford motor and a built auto tranny hopefully with OD.i plan on somewhere around 400rwhp so this shoild be a very peppy truck and have power whenever i may need it.this wont happen anytime soon,gonna sport the 22re and 5 spd for awhile and get the sas up front and just run that setup til i get all the parts for the V8 and fullwidth conversion.after the sas(toy axle) i will build a exocage for it and a partial interior cage(for inside the topper).
    87'4Runner all stock for now

if you stil plan on running something larger then a 35 i would regear your current axles now to at least 5.29.

if not that poor 22re is going to scream kill me lol!

yes i was planning on putting 5.88's in it.both axles will be locked and maybe a duel t-case setup.
    87'4Runner all stock for now

Why the Ford motor, I as well as many others feel a sbc is where its at. Cheap, easy to do and very easy to dial power out of. The ford 302 is anemic imho.

Either way cool project, just my opinion above.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

yeah i agree with cjm, talk t chevy4runner, he gots a nice setup

Mad skills with the photochopping

Nice truck and Welcome !!

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

thanks everyone. aint no dang gm pos going in anything i own....i am a ford man.5.0 are really easy to build and make alot of power and blow away other bigger gm motors.i had a lil 5.0 with 610 rwhp..t was s/c but still,i can make a n/a 5.0 push 400+ and be very dependable and gat decent mpg'sand just to inform you a 5.0 is dimisionally smaller and fits into a toy alot better then any chevy motor.seen several with a ford in it and all i can say is "DAMN"....and by the way,i have a speedshop called speedfreak auto and i specialize in ford...so you see where this is going...anyway thanks everyone and once the building begins i'll post lots of pics...later
    87&#039;4Runner all stock for now

Gotcha man, I dont discoun the Ford 5.0, the 350 and 305 are just an easier swap due to the kits out there.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

awesome! Can't wait to see this one get built.
    My signature

lc engineering makes the ford kit..thats where i am getting mine.
    87&#039;4Runner all stock for now

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12