Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Electrical Problem

Electrical Problem

I was just pressure washing the bed of my truck and when I was done, I got in my truck to drive away, started up etc but I noticed that no gauges were working, the a/c was not working and the windows dont work. All my lights (headlights, tail lights, blinkers, etc) work except the dome light. The turn signal indicators in the gauge cluster work as does the stereo and the power locks.

I'm at work right now so I haven't gotten to check fuses or anything but I was gonna let everything dry out outside anyway before I started messin with that. Does anyone know if the gauge cluster, ac, and windows are on the same fuses or series of fuses or anything like that? Any ideas as to a cause? Thanks!

This is on a 2000 Tacoma 3.4 v6
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

Re: Electrical Problem

I couldn't tell you for sure David, but I would say its got to be a fuse, or wet connector issue, let everything dry out really well, I would think this is an issue that will resolve itself, let me know! P.S. - Where are you?
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Hey Chris,
    I'm obviously gonna see what it does when I leave work today after it's been baking in the sun for several hours but in the mean time I'm just brainstorming what to do tonight if it doesn't fix itself. Thanks for the input though! I'm in Cincinnati working this summer. I'll be back in ATL in the middle of August
    -David<br /><br />2000 Taco TRD Access Cab<br />v6 | 5spd | 33&quot; BFG A/Ts on 15x10 alloy | 33&quot; PC Mud Terrains on 15x8 black steel | 3&quot; Susp. Lift | OME 882&#039;s | Bilstein HD struts front | Rancho shocks rear | Chevy leaf spring swap | Custom sliders | Custom front bumper |3&quot; BL | U-Bolt flip | Flowmaster exhaust | Uniden CB | Firestik II | Dual Hella Black Magic&#039;s | Maglite Mod | Kenwood Speakers | Grey Wire Mod | Aux. Reverse Lights | Deckplate Mod<br /><br />Pictures

I don't see how washing out the bed of the truck would cause a fuse to blow. Did you wash the entire truck or under the hood? Doesn't make sense to me (which is why, I'm sure, you posted).

Doesn't make any sense to me either! It was just the bed with a VERY high pressure spray. The only connection I can find with the electrical system is the tail lights (which shouldn't have received any direct hits) or the large amount of water filling the bed and then dripping down the bumper onto my aux. back up lights. The back up lights still work and I'm assuming the brake lights do too, though I havent been able to check that. Makes no sense!

Does your astray or power outlets work?
    Do you have trailer wiring at all?

I remember after going through the car wash that I would blow a fuse due to it.
    but usually i lose the radio too.
    But since you said you still have a radio, I guess the trucks are wires way differently then the 4Runner.

Let it dry and check the fuses, also see maybe there might be an exposed wire, or maybe your 3rd break light isn't sealed fully and it shorted there.

Trailer wiring, maybe the 3rd brake light?
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Blown gauge fuse under the dash. I dunno what blew it but I'm gonna take it out next time I pressure wash the bed until everything dries. Simple solution, thanks guys!

Your doing better than I was, I was using a testlight to check for power where the radio mounts. Dunno what I touched but it blew out the dimmer knob that controls allt he gauges and the fan/ac/heater lights. That stupid knob was exp and I tried finding used but found out mine is different than the other trucks.

I wonder how you blew that fuse tho, makes no sense.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

now that I remember, the gauge lights and tail lights are on the same circuit. You obviously got something to wet, thats what blew the gauge fuse.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast