Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: YotaFun's Tess (97' SR5 4Runner)

We shall see what happens, If I can get the apart I will rebuild them (at this point I am expecting to do all 4).
    I wish I could get the powder coated again but Jeremy doesn't do that anymore so I think I am just going to get them blasted and paint them on my own.

They are soaking in penetrating lube so we shall see, I'll be happy if I do get another 100k out of them, I'll just be happy to have that flex! lol

you wheel that sucker!, spray em the same color as everything else underneath so that over spray is encouraged lol.

Could powdercoat them yourself, harbor freight gun, some better powder and a electric oven or large toaster oven from craigslist. Heck paintbooth at work might work (if you got one).
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    Heck paintbooth at work might work (if you got one).
    It appears he has a 4Runner paint booth.

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun View Post

Looks great, Avy!

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    LOL
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162 View Post
    you wheel that sucker!, spray em the same color as everything else underneath so that over spray is encouraged lol.
    Never thought of that, but damn I love the red soo much lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CJM View Post
    Could powdercoat them yourself, harbor freight gun, some better powder and a electric oven or large toaster oven from craigslist. Heck paintbooth at work might work (if you got one).
    Yeah our oven barely does turkey (we got a deep fryer for that lol) I'll just paint them with caliper pain that I can use to retouch them later, I'd still like to get them blasted...

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4mike View Post
    Lol Mike, The white one I used when I sprayed them, and then I hung them on my roll bar in Tess overnight lol!!!
    They both came in handy thats for sure!

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter View Post
    Looks great, Avy!
    Thanks Dan!

Caliper paint should work pretty good
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Looks great!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thanks Sean!
    One of these days I might be asking you to make one of them awesome overhead control board!

So the saga continues....
    I have been given a dead line to get my vehicles out of the work parking lot except for the one I drive so work has been pushed forward on getting the 4Runner done...

I had a rear locker with 4.30 gears in the old truck so I wanted that back which required moving the axle over...

I have done my fair share of swaps but I think its just starting to get ridiculous now...

While I was in the process of doing this I figured I would install new shocks, since I am sure the nut on the LC coils was not gonna budge off my old frame:

They were the cheapest Monroe off of Rock auto, I remember them in my buddies truck and we liked the way they rode, however the stud side of the shock is a good bit smaller compared to the Toyota Tokico Shocks, and there is no front shield by the eye (not like it was special but the added bonus of know it was there was nice).
    I will eventually go back to the Tokico's but for now I will ride these till they blow...

The stock ones were done, def the original with 280k on them:

Tada:

Doing this alone was the hardest thing I have ever done, lift up and down getting it just right to get the links in, ugh it was a pain but I need these things gone by the end of the month -_-

Its good to see Tess the way I always knew her to be, stock she just was never a happy camper

As for final measurements, this is the before, you have to remember she was sagging a good bit in the rear from the worn springs:

Last edited by YotaFun; 08-23-2013 at 04:44 PM.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast