Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: YotaFun's Tess (97' SR5 4Runner)

Oh no!

Stamped and snailmailed from a secret location
    98 3rz 4x4 5spd- Monstalined, 99 Talls, 4.30 E-locker, Extra Lights
    In Progress:
    Tundra/Rear Disc Brakes w/parking brake
    Roof Rack/Rear Ladder
    Sliders
    1st Gen Rollbar Shelf

Man that sucks, I'm sorry. At least you got a lot of life out of her and you've got a plan. Parting out can make you some money especially since some parts are getting harder to find. I'm sure a few of the smaller higher ticket items will go fast on eBay or the like.

I was thinking about this over the weekend. Really sucks but I am proud of you calling it quits when you should. I put alot of work into mine and I am still not sure it was really worth it. That being said, I ama keeping it for as long as I can to get my money worth.

Any interest in another vehicle? I love my 100 and the 4th gens are all cheap enough now to wheel.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thanks for the support gents. It really sucks and I probably should have called it back when I found the hole in the frame, but I still got a ton of knowledge from doing that swap. The build would always start and stall and honestly the most I got was a lift and some armor and gears, hopefully with Annabelle I can get the full build done.

I have had interest in other vehicles for some time now, just not the funds. My last trip out to the trails I was a passenger and ended up jumping from truck to truck to help out where needed and I got behind the seat of an 80 series and while in that was surprised at how well it rode on the trails. It's a bummer they are so under powered. I have not driven a 100 series off road, I have on road and I enjoyed it, however I did not enjoy working on it lol! I like the 4th gen but I don't love the 4th gen. I looks great lifted and modified but there is still something with them that doesn't quite jive with me. They still bring a smile to my face when I start them lol. I really like the GX470 they are like a nice mix between a LC and a 4runner, but around here they are either super rusty underneath or super expensive.

I will stick with Annabelle for now. A friend of mine has a super clean 00' with 322k that runs drives and looks super clean underneath, even working on the timing belt the other week was super easy no rusted bolts. He really wants to be in an 80 or 100 series. If I can find him a decent one I might work out a deal for his 4runner lol.

I haven't focused to much on the plan yet, I have to knock out some maintenance on the 00' and a few honey do list items around the house, but I would like to be done switching everything over before winter.

Sorry man, it's tough letting go. I'm surprised how much I like the 100-series. My sister bought an 2006 and it has that solid feel of a 3rd gen but even higher build quality.

Over the weekend I had someone that follows my van build on YouTube contact me about my 4Runner, which he has seen in the background of some of my videos. He has a 3rd gen that got totaled in an accident and he is looking for a replacement. He has driven 4th and 5th gens, GX470s, Tacomas and even the only vehicle he liked as much as the 3rd gen was a 2018 GX460, which costs about $58k. This guy has funds, but he also keeps coming back to the 3rd gen. They're awesome! At least you have another.

Heck, my 3 year old thinks the 4Runner is fun too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6qMpJQOo3g

I love my 100, despite the PO's.... lack of honesty we'll call it.

Great video of Kara and the supercharger whine!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by paddlenbike View Post
    Heck, my 3 year old thinks the 4Runner is fun too. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6qMpJQOo3g
    That video describes exactly how I feel every time I get behind the wheel of a 3rd gen. It just feels right, I'll be stubborn to the end if I have to let go of any 3rd gen I do own lol. I probably have too much emotion invested in a 3rd gen 4Runner and need to grow up, its just a very difficult thing to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz View Post
    I love my 100, despite the PO's.... lack of honesty we'll call it.

Great video of Kara and the supercharger whine!
    There is an almost identical LX to yours for sale a mile down the road at a buy here pay here, and not going to lie I have been tempted to stop in and take a look. but it will be good for me to down size my fleet a bit lol.

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun View Post
    That video describes exactly how I feel every time I get behind the wheel of a 3rd gen. It just feels right, I'll be stubborn to the end if I have to let go of any 3rd gen I do own lol. I probably have too much emotion invested in a 3rd gen 4Runner and need to grow up, its just a very difficult thing to do.
    I feel the same. The Leaf got turned in a year and a half ago and the 4Runner is my DD, commuting to work in cr*p traffic. Even given the lousy driving conditions it's still a great vehicle to drive and always puts a smile on my face. Not many vehicles do that, short of an Audi S4, BMW 335i, and other cars with German badges I can't afford. It's not about growing up, it's about driving something that makes you happy.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456