View Poll Results: Is your Adventure Vehicle a daily driver?

Voters
40. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yup

22 55.00%
  • Nope

15 37.50%
  • Hell it doesn't run!

2 5.00%
  • ok what gives with the lame poll?

1 2.50%
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Is your Adventure Vehicle a daily driver?

Re: Is your Adventure Vehicle a daily driver?

Quote Originally Posted by boogyman
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    Not anymore. I am trying to keep the miles off the 4runner as much as possible. But it does require more money to do that
    Why are you trying to keep the miles off it? Just a value thing? or trying to reduce wear & tear? ...especially if it costs more not to drive it.
    Russel, that's just code for, "My wife won't let me drive it anymore, since I bought an old dino burning benz."
    My signature

Mine is pulling double duty right now. I just sold my VW Fox commuter car and I am trying to buy a used Lexus IS300 from my work....it is a trade-in that has high miles, but is clean.
    1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

My DD is an Adventure to drive daily.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by Marc P
    Mine is pulling double duty right now. I just sold my VW Fox commuter car and I am trying to buy a used Lexus IS300 from my work....it is a trade-in that has high miles, but is clean.
    Lexus? That is very cool. Slight step up from the Fox I'd say.
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

Not yet. Will have the runner road ready in about two weeks and then I'll drive it more. Eventually, Mrs. Fuster wnts to drive it as a main vehicle and sell her BMW. I may take those funds to buy a new Tundra...
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

I like how so far were even in the main runnings..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

yeah, the cruiser is the DD, but I split time w/ the wife's 30+ MPG solara convertible. a couple days in the cruiser and the rest in the solara = 20+ MPG average for my commute, which is tolerable.
    -andy

My 4Runner was my DD for about 6 years...now I use the '04 LC as my DD. I'm actually considering the sale of my 4Runner because it spends so much time sitting around.
    Lance<br />2001 4Runner Limited 4X4 (Sonoran Steel Stocker)<br />315/75R16 MT/Rs | MT Classic IIs | Dual ARBs/4.88s | (F) 5125/Tundra Coils (R) 5125/LC Coils | 4Crawler 1.5&quot; BL | Aisin Manual Hubs | Slee Sliders | Sonoran Steel Rear Bumper | TJM T-15 w/ Warn M8000

I was hoping one day this would become my DD:

But after this:

I don't think so...

4runner is my weekend DD, I walk / take a bus to work. Get funny looks when I have to go to a wedding type occasion in a suit and valet it. I hate valet'ing (sp?) it! Sometimes there's no choice.
    -Jc1996 SR5 4WD 5SPD 4RunnerStock till 213,000 milesSonoran SS rear brake line|Sonoran diff drop|Sonoran Panhard drop bracket|SAW 2.5 C/O's|OME891-N86|Magnaflow 24|Deckplate Mod|Trueflow Airfilter|BruceTS Rear Bumper|Airaid MIT|Shrockworks Front Bumper|Trail-mart 67 sliders

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast