Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Shrockworks - Lighting

Shrockworks - Lighting

For those with the Shrockworks front bumper what brand of light are you running in the two side light pockets on the bumper?

I know piaa makes the 4" lights that fit in this space but I haven't seen any information on Hella, IPF or Lightforce lights that would fit this space.
    2000 Toyota 4runner with some goodies.

Re: Shrockworks - Lighting

how about something like this?

lens diameter = 4"
    cost = $10 utility light + $15 sealed beam per side
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

AFAIK, Piaa and hella are the only ones that make lights in the 4" size. The piaa are top notch and I believe the Hellas are pretty cheap both in price and performance.

Fwiw, I live my piaa fogs. Worth the 180 I paid on eBay.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

In their latest issue, 4WDTO tested some 4" lights on their 80 seires. They were purchased from Baja Rack, but I didn't see the lights listed on their website. They were 4" HID lights, and according to them, the lights worked very well. They were pricey though, at about $250, IIRC.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

doesn't kragen sell those cheap HID 4" lights? or are they a different size?
    My signature

you could also do the lights Keith has and install these in them
    http://www.ddmtuning.com/index.php?p...=102&parent=85

just an idea.
    that's like a $50 set of HIDs lol

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    AFAIK, Piaa and hella are the only ones that make lights in the 4" size. The piaa are top notch and I believe the Hellas are pretty cheap both in price and performance.

Fwiw, I live my piaa fogs. Worth the 180 I paid on eBay.
    That's about what Shrockworks and Amazon sells them for from what I've seen.

That cheap lighting idea may not be bad.

no i paid 180 shipped with tax for mine, not the 199+shipping+tax that other places want. mine were new in box, still with the factory tape.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz
    no i paid 180 shipped with tax for mine, not the 199+shipping+tax that other places want. mine were new in box, still with the factory tape.
    Oh.

SeanORz how do you have them wired? Are you using the factory fog light wiring or did you wire it a different way?

Just wondering if the stock wiring could handle the lights.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast