Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What's your favorite food?

Re: What's your favorite food?

I have to name just one thing?

Barbecued carne asada and New Castle. YUM!
    "Your love for me is founded in a sentiment. My love for you is founded in the body. A precarious interchange." - Mason Cooley

Quote Originally Posted by RobG
    Bucket of Steamers with Newcastle or Bass on Tap - No Contest.

Have yet to find a restaurant on the west coast that knows what steamers are.
    You should come to the jamboree then, not only for the fun and splash cafe clam chowder, but they also have a restaurant called "Steamers" First thing on their appetizers
    http://www.steamerspismobeach.com/menu/

Sushi is probably my all time favorite, but expensive (those big Sapporos start to add up after awhile ), so my realistic all time favorite would be a sandwich. I will make anything a sandwich and will try some crazy combinations. My wife always makes fun of me for my sandwich fetish. My favorite though is probably a brinner sandwich (basically a homemade breakfast sandwich for dinner). Toasted San Luis Sourdough bread lightly buttered, with bacon, tomatoe, avacado, 2 overmedium eggs, and Tillamook sharp cheddar cheese. Oh look, April also made blueberry pancakes, well, go ahead and throw a couple on there as well with a little bit of real maple syrup.

My restaurant favorite, is to order an omelete similar to the ingredients above, then I will have an omelete sandwich on sourdough with homefries smashed in there for good measure. Any leftovers in the fridge are fair game for a sandwich as well and I don't ever bother reheating leftovers if I'm only feeding myself (unless I feel the need to make the cheese melt), spaghetti sandwiches are awesome as well as lasagna sandwiches (I know double stacking those carbs probably isn't the best).
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer

You should come to the jamboree then, not only for the fun and splash cafe clam chowder, but they also have a restaurant called "Steamers" First thing on their appetizers
    http://www.steamerspismobeach.com/menu/
    See thats the prolem those aren't new england steamers (AKA piss clams) http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Soft-shell_clam No one in CA seems to have a clue.

Funny I was watching Huel Howser the other night, the pismo clams episode. The lady at the clam place says they get all their clams from either NY or WA.

Thinking about going to the Jambo this year. I had a bad experience at pismo about 4 years ago that I am finally getting over. Lesson Learned, don't go to pismo on Thanksgiving.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

Peanut butter and banana sandwich

Close second is my wife's red curry chicken.

Funny thing is I hated peanut butter when I was growing up.
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

Ah, I see, I had no clue! Could be because that variety isn't out on the west coast. Yeah, sadly, the clams are all but gone from Pismo now. When I was a kid, I used to go out to the dunes with my grandpa (he never did go out in the dunes though) and we would go clamming there. Those were good times, and come home and grandma would make chowder with the days catch. They used to use local clams for their chowder back in da day when they were plentiful out there.
    My signature

I wonder why they left? Has water quality gone down or is it over-harvesting?
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

hmm, off the top of my head (and excluding the middle eastern dishes some here may not be familiar with):

- beef stroganoff with egg noodles
    - lasagna (my mom's is the best, as is everyone's mom's )
    - honey bbq chicken
    - carnitas burrito w/ sour cream, lettuce, hot sauce and jalapenos (or banana peppers)
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    When I was a kid, I used to go out to the dunes with my grandpa (he never did go out in the dunes though) and we would go clamming there. Those were good times, and come home and grandma would make chowder with the days catch. They used to use local clams for their chowder back in da day when they were plentiful out there.
    The pictures that they showed on the Huel Howzer (CA's Gold) episode were amazing, there were people everywhere and they were all taking tons of huge clams. I think they said a 7" clam was like 20 years old.

Clams are definitely my favorite and steamers my favorite clam. Looking forward to Clams and Chowder in September.
    93 4runner - 3.0 5spd
    2005 LandCruiser

My all time favorite food is macaroni and cheese. Homemade is the best, but I'll eat the boxed kind as well.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast