Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Transmission blows AGAIN

Re: Transmission blows AGAIN

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    fyi i got an 00 limited's trans put in after mine went, and it was fine, fit perfectly (it had multimode).
    I will check maybe the you can at least go from 4Runner to 4Runner

Quote Originally Posted by lee
    fyi i got an 00 limited's trans put in after mine went, and it was fine, fit perfectly (it had multimode).
    Nice. I thought the 99-00 limited trannies would work fine.
    2001 4Runner 3.4V-6 SR5 4x4 Money Pit<br />2008 FJC TT SE 6 SPEED stock

Lee, did you do the install or did you have a shop do it? Also if I may, how much did this run you?
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

I had a shop do it... I don't remember the exact price, but I'm pretty sure it was in the 1700-2000 range... 6 month/ 30K warranty iirc
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

used or used and rebuilt Lee?
    ________________________________<br />Eric<br /><br />2006 Tundra D-Cab V8<br /><br />&quot;All that is required for evil to prevail is for good men to do nothing&quot;

used w/ 60k i think it was
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Nice deal lee, my stepdad paid roughly 3200 for his.
    Toyota wanted the same for a used replacment, not even new, just a used one with an unknown mileage and condition.....

Yeah everyone seems to tell me that getting out of it all just over 2K for everything was a great deal, but it didn't feel that way at the time, I can say that!

Strangest thing for me now is that at the time I was one of very very few who had this problem, and now it's just a matter of WHEN not IF on most of the 01's and 02's...
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

Quote Originally Posted by benp
    Gah this really scares me considering I have an 02. Lees went out, Avy's stepdad's, and yours all on these same forum which means its a prevalient problem... And there's like nothing you can do to neceassarily prevent it.

I just hope I'm not in the middle of no where if and when mine decides to go... Knock on wood!
    It does seem to occur with a much higher degree of frequency on the 01-02 transmissions. However...I have a neighbor down the road with 190k on his '02 and when I asked him if he had ever flushed the transmission, he gave me a quizzical stare. He got it with 70k and who knows if it was ever even serviced prior. Apparently the truck still runs good.
    &#39;96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

Unless you do it from new or rebuild, flushing is asking for trouble-as the gunk thats built up holds the trans together.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast