View Poll Results: Do you like to play music while camping?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

9 45.00%
  • No

11 55.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Music and camping

Music and camping

The camp site for the purposes of this poll, is an established camp ground up in the mountains with other people (strangers) camping nearby. So you're not by yourself and you're not at the dunes with a bunch of motorcycles.
    -------------------------
    Steve
    1993 4runner, SAS, 3.0L, Auto Tranny
    2007 4runner, stock. For now.

Re: Music and camping

I voted "yes" but really quiet music and only sometimes, like if someone has one of those portable ipod speaker things and we're playing cards at the table or something.

Most the time there is no music and definately not loud enough to really hear outside of my camp area.
    My signature

Quote Originally Posted by slosurfer
    I voted "yes" but really quiet music and only sometimes, like if someone has one of those portable ipod speaker things and we're playing cards at the table or something.

Most the time there is no music and definately not loud enough to really hear outside of my camp area.
    X2
    Just enough to mellow out with.

Not cranked up clean the Garage loud.
    &#039;83 Truck 4x4 - 4&quot; lift, downey header,, lots of stickers.<br />&#039;90 Runner $600 project ,32&#039;s on black Steelies,Optima Red Top, 1.5&quot; Balljoint Spacers, 80 series Coils, Sleeping/Storage Platform extravaganza<br /><br />You know enough to be dangerous, get out the way before you break something i can&#039;t fix- Pops

quiet and mellow in this instance.
    My usual camp spot is a non-established campground in the mountains with no one else ANYWHERE around, in which case, we play blues... and LOUD.

Tab Benoit mostly - especially the Nice and Warm album.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

i voted no b/c some people's idea of "not loud" is really obnoxious. but as long as your neighbors can't hear it, im ok with it.

I voted yes but it's got to be quiet. For some reason it's hard for me to go a day without music. Ever since my first ipod I just need to have it. I listen to my ipod everyday. M-F it's communting and on the weekends it's driving and riding. I don't like hearing other people's music while camping so I purposely don't bring anything to play. We use the 4runner with the tailgate open but again it's soft.

I listen to everything and it's all mashed into a couple of playlists. I think for the most part folks don't like my randomness so I keep it to myself.

Quote Originally Posted by 04 Rocko Taco
    ..... with no one else ANYWHERE around, in which case, we play blues... and LOUD.
    Clarence Carter! Clarence Carter! Clarence Carter! if my....
    My signature

Yes if it's remote enough. And if it's in a camp ground, I'll usually play some music/movie when I'm eating/falling asleep in my camper. Just plug the laptop in and kick back!
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

Navigator

i voted yes, i just like having background music while i do things... last time camping we killed the battery in the CR-V, and had to jump it with the 4runner cuz i wasnt paying attention to the time it had been going...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I voted no.
    I rarely get a quiet time to chill.
    So after a long drive or a day of wheeling I like to just relax listen to the fire crackle and the sounds of the wild life around me.

If I can't fall asleep I will play my ipod with my head set but thats usually rare.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast