For quite some time I have wanted an all-electric car. I am sure many of you recall the countless hours I spent building up a Toyota Supra Turbo, then were shocked to see me sell it. I loved the car but I sold it because 99% of the time I went on a long trip it sat at home because I needed to drive the 4Runner. The reasons varied, but I either needed 4WD, the space, the long roof line for carrying kayaks, the towing capability or quite often my long trip revolved completely around adventure travel with the 4Runner. This is why an all-electric car would suit my needs really well--a 100-150 mile range is all I need in a car. I would love to have a nearly maintenance-free electric motor and not have to pay a fuel bill. Nissan will be the first to release a 5-passenger affordable all-electric car in the U.S. and they are working with the US Dept of Energy to help build and finance charging stations on our highways so extended travel is possible. The car is called the Nissan Leaf, it is slated to go on sale next year and the range is around 100 miles. It's not the best looking car but it is far better than the golf carts other manufacturers make and it should go for economy car prices. Plus the government will offer hefty tax rebates if you purchase one. This, or something like it, might be my next car.