Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: E Locker motor repair

Re: E Locker motor repair

eventually. Still don't even know if we're going with a log cabin or underground concrete/rebar home. Might even just get water/septic/electric and take the RV down there if it's supposed to be a mild winter . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Well its no PA, but it is nice down there.

Too bad your gears can't fit in my diffs, after you go to 4.88 I wouldn't mind going 4.56 myself

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Well its no PA, but it is nice down there.

Too bad your gears can't fit in my diffs, after you go to 4.88 I wouldn't mind going 4.56 myself
    The front no, the gears from my V6 rear 3rd should fit in an elocker, but they also have unknown mileage and would have to be set-up with the same exact contact pattern - probably better to spend the $ on a new gear set + solid collar.

Yeah I figured as much, for now I haver other priorities, the 4.30s will have to sufice.

One last pic of the actuator all finished, tested and ready to go

Yukon 4.88 gears with a solid pinion collar are next on the list

Reviving this thread.
    How hard would you say this was to do?

I figured out my motor solenoid is good, but I think the actual gear section is seized.
    Would I be able to take it apart and clean it out and hopefully it will work, or should I look for a motor to source parts?

Wasn't too difficult - stick a boat drain plug or a rubber "universal oil drain plug" in while the motor it's off to keep it clean inside. Besides, taking it apart to lube and clean (wire wheel everything EXCEPT the plastic gear) is relatively free. Just be gentle taking the cast alum plate off to get to the guts.

Do you have the single spring, fine mesh gear or the double spring gear? I have spare double spring stuff if you need any parts

If your in need of an e-locker motor assy, let me know.....I've got 3 broken 3rd members sitting in my garage with them.
    99 SR5 4Runner Highlander 5spd V6 4WD e-locker<br />Myspace<br />3rd Gen Bumper Build-up<br />1GR-FE 4.0L V-6 &amp; RA60F 6-speed for my project vehicle<br /><br /><br />Don&#039;t Ask when I&#039;m gonna go SAS, I&#039;m not... I&#039;ll build a buggy first!

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    Wasn't too difficult - stick a boat drain plug or a rubber "universal oil drain plug" in while the motor it's off to keep it clean inside. Besides, taking it apart to lube and clean (wire wheel everything EXCEPT the plastic gear) is relatively free. Just be gentle taking the cast alum plate off to get to the guts.

Do you have the single spring, fine mesh gear or the double spring gear? I have spare double spring stuff if you need any parts
    I haven't gotten to it yet but thats for the tips.

Quote Originally Posted by BruceTS
    If your in need of an e-locker motor assy, let me know.....I've got 3 broken 3rd members sitting in my garage with them.
    I might take you up on that actually Bruce, I presume one of the three works lol!

I figure have one lying around just in case I screw something up, and If I do get it fixed I can ship it back to you so you have it for the diff

Got the motor yesterday Bruce.

and I have to say YOU RULE!!!

having a selectable locker is awesome!!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast