Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: wiring help for HID head lights

wiring help for HID head lights

if you flame me for this, i will flame your vehicle...

with that said, i acquired a set of 35W HID lights. got a super great deal, like OMFG. BUT, the kit refuses to work with my headlights. the instructions are printed on a 5x8 page, so no help there. i have read that our headlights have a switched ground, but i am unsure what that means for my HID's. does anyone have any experience in this area? i would really appreciate the help.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: wiring help for HID head lights

flame on

if you're interested you may want to post at yotatech or t4r, a lot of the new and beginner owners seem to get hid kits, you'd get a better answer there.

and don't tell anyone, but pm me some pictures and a review once you get them working..hopefully they do. mostly interested in the cut off, or lack thereof

good luck!
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

Sean curious, what is the manufacture of the lights?
    Also curious, are you using the 96-98 style headlight or the 99-02 style?

When I get home from class I will get he diagram and try to help you trouble shoot this.

Sean, I hope you're already running the clear style headlights...the frosted ones don't work well with HIDs:

2002 4Runner Sport 4WD
    My 4Runner Profile: Click Me

Lol rock slide that's whi I asked lol.

I am hopefully getting a set soon....

old style. again, question is not about anything other than my wiring. although i think ive got that figured out but id still appreciate any input.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Yeah Avy, I was just trying to expound on what you had asked.

Sean, I did a projector retrofit on my clear headlights some time back. As far as the wiring, I just purchased a simple PnP wiring kit off ebay for around $30. Had all the connectors, relay, yada, yada, yada. Very simple to install.

Don't know why I'm telling you this...it's obviously no help for your situation. Like Weston said, many of the folks on t4r and some on yt have Pnp HID kits. I'd post over there...

And just for flaming fun, HIDs look awful in frosted lenses ...even more so w/o projectors retrofitted in. But I'm sure you already knew that.

Good luck on the wiring. Wish I could be of more help.
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD

Bill how much would it cost for you to complete a retrofit if i sent you my housings? I'm still contemplating this and haven't seen a job as nice as yours
    <br /><br />
    883/LC with OME/PC shocks ∙ 2&quot; body lift ∙ ARB bull bar
    ∙ KC/IPF aux lighting ∙ 33&quot; BFG all terrains ∙ custom rocker panels ∙ vortex cherrybomb ∙ couple other things ∙

wiring fixed. hard to troubleshoot and problem solve with its dark and you have a 103 degree fever.

thanks.

Eh, for you Weston, how about a cool grand? lol, no seriously, I currently have so much going on, I barely have time to sleep...much less have time to complete a few retros. Guy stopped me in a parking lot here in town just last week and asked if I'd do a retro for his '00 4Runner, I had to tell him the same thing.

If I can ever seem to slow down, I'll give you a shout. Who knows, if I have enough ppl hit me up for one, I may just have to make time.

Great work Sean.
    2002 4Runner Sport 4WD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast