Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Getting "Hammered" with All-Pro OR 10-24-09

Getting "Hammered" with All-Pro OR 10-24-09

All Pro Offroad put on a second edition of the FJ cruiser challenge from last year and called it "Getting Hammered with Allpro". The main event was yesterday the 24th..

Sunrise on the way to JV :

I believe we had 16+ trucks on the trail "aftershock" in the Hammers, Johnson Valley.

We got on the trail at around 10 am, before we hit trail head we checked out the very last obstical section of the trail, Mainly to let all the panzys give up before.. :P
    This is the last section:

Random pic on the way to trail head

Anyway, Near the first obstical we had our first break of the day an 09 Dcab taco blew his rear 3rd. Left that truck on the sidelines and driver took shotty in someone else's rig..
    This was a different truck on said obstical, 3-4' climb, This is where my short wheel base rules, I walked right up

Couple O FJ's
    No the green one isnt a 2010. The green one has a lefty tcase, and ended up shearing something in the low range gears, 4H and 2H was fine, he turned around and went out.

With this many trucks it was a tight squeeze

Yeah my truck is actually there..

John with a nice poser pic

Wyatt showing off

Just another one of the sections

John blew a CV in his Dcab, I think thats why he got winched backwards.

See, My chit was there.

Pep's passing me up

Once we got to "depreciation knob" (the last section) JonB in his FJ40 go up no prob, Then an FJ80 on 35's was trying and got denied. The decision was made to have the whole group turn around. It was 630, we had already been wheelin for 8 hours and it was getting dark. With gravity on our side we made it down relatively problem free. I ended up leaning into a rock on my passenger side and got a smaller then dollar bill sized scratch, It blends in with the rest of the body damage.

Once we got back to JonB's cabin we really "got hammered"
    And this is what I woke up to

Other then my small body damage and smashing one of my front turn signals, I had no breakage or any major problems
    I think total carnage was the Taco rear diff, FJ Tcase, 2 CV's joints, Some rock rash, Pepe's bed got tweaked and the tie rod on an FJ80 got tweaked.

All and all it was a good time. And if you give me crap for turning around, well

Look for me in the Jan/Feb edition of 4WDTO mag

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Re: Getting "Hammered" with All-Pro OR 10-24-09

F yeah thats what im talkin about!! nice job Steve!

aftermarket gears in that guys diff? i dont get how rear diffs are going but that cruiser had one go in the sand of pismo too

Sweet!
    Hope to do that some time!
    Though I hope to be SAS'd by then cause I hate my CV's after this weekend...

thanks for sharing and hope to see you in the Mag

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    F yeah thats what im talkin about!! nice job Steve!

aftermarket gears in that guys diff? i dont get how rear diffs are going but that cruiser had one go in the sand of pismo too
    AFAIK it was stock gearing. IDK what's wrong with those things, but it's still under warranty. Man you would have had a blast out there.

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Sweet!
    Hope to do that some time!
    Though I hope to be SAS'd by then cause I hate my CV's after this weekend...

thanks for sharing and hope to see you in the Mag
    Better hurry on that sas than, last I heard the Hammers area of JV is getting taken over by the marine corps in 2012. I'm sure ill be back out there by then. Im just happy I got to go this once.
    And thanks, I hope to see me in the mag too, That would be badass !
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

dang really, I guess I will have to try to get out there really soon!!

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Troyboy162
    i think it may be that those fj's are still using the same 8" diff that the 2nd gen v6's used (at least the e-locker fjs)... only they are now using a 265 hp 4.0L V6... lol
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

great pics and writeup Scuba. looks like you guys had a blast
    1986 pickup 4x4 SR5, 5-spd, 33x10.5 BFG KM1 muds, 2&quot; body lift, front and rear lockrights, 4.88s, 4.7 t-case with Dave&#39;z twin stick,&nbsp; BudBuilt crossmember with 1&quot; drivetrain lift, Downey grille guard and skid plate, TG sliders, MC rear bumper

looks like fun nice size crowd and thanks for the pics
    1988 4runner hybrid 44/60 front axle dual inchworms 12bolt rear<br />1972 jimmy 425hp and smog examt<br />95 range rover

There&#39;s more pics coming from everyone else, I will post those asap.

in the time being you can look here.
    http://www.moranton.com/webgallery/allpro/

and there are a few here
    http://s323.photobucket.com/albums/n...%20Aftershock/

Guess who got Rookie of the year...

http://www.allprooffroad.com/events/...o-trail-report

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast