Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: My Blaster build

Re: My Blaster build

Let's jump ahead...jug and head blasted and high temp clear coated...ain't she purty!

Quote Originally Posted by fustercluck View Post
    I like sporking from behind.   

wow this project is actually coming together lol!!!

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    wow this project is actually coming together lol!!!
    Shut your pie hole Avy....LOL

Yeh have had ALOT of distractions lately. I always work in pairs...only AVY knows what I am saying there!
    I like sporking from behind.   

I just got some nice shocks, working on getting a parts list for the other one and then some misc parts for mine.

By spring hopefully.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Building is slow but going on:
    -new shocks
    -new steering stem (mines bent)
    -some preventative bearings for the stem
    -finalizing new rear tires
    -trying to decide on new exhaust, got the header at least.

And just the carb needs to be worked over cause I cant figure it out.

Good job Marc! Got things moving I see..

And she is down to the bare frame..

Had to polish up a few things on the waiting process of things..

I like sporking from behind.&nbsp; &nbsp;

Thought I&#39;d try my hand at extending the swinger. Had the old ebay junk lying around so I decided to hack it up and weld it to the stock one. I hate flux core

I&#39;m going with the round carrier to weld up to it....still gotta figure out some measuring issues on how to attach the housing to the swinger since it&#39;s so wide and the housing is about 1/2" smaller in width. This is what I&#39;m going with

ohhh soo shiny and pretty J! Extending the swing arm looks good, should fit together nice. By the time your done your blaster will pretty much be a banshee!

I rang into a recent snag: Tried to remove the steering stem bearing and it was so dirty that I didnt see the snap ring that holds it in there. So thus I began to pound the bearing out and it didnt go to well. I basically DESTROYED the old bearing.

I finally got the snap ring out by using a dremel to cut it in a few places. Frame doesnt seem to be damaged but idk and heres why: got a new bearing and it plain wont go in properly. Now I coulda gotten the wrong bearing, IDK since its one off ebay and claims to work on various bikes.

But, I pound the bearing in and it wont go in properly. It needs to go down another 1/4 of an inch and it just wont do it. It sits flush with the frame now. Only thing I can think figure out is there is some kinda flange preventing it or like I said wrong bearing...

So i ordered a bearing off bikebandit and am waiting for it. If it wont fit either I have a problem. Either I figure out why and relieve the flange area which I may have messed up OR I find a used frame and transfer my gear on or I cut out that part and weld on one off another frame.. Course I can always take it to the dealer and see what they say. I need the carb work done anyways.

Something so simple is a PITA now.. Worst part is I have the factory manual, it barely describes how to remove the bearing too.

Waiting to buy new exhaust, some new rear wheels and tires, got my clutch cable and need to put it on, found some factory bars Im gonna try out cause mine are WAY low. And thats about it really, hopefully done by march lol.. Other quad I need to get the engine parts for and rebuild the engine..so by march/april for that too.

Get a pic of the bearing. If it looks like a crank bearing or similar, you can freeze it over night and the next day slip it right down where it needs to go. Thats how I got my crank bearings in.

I dont have a pic handy, but was thinking of the freeze method. TBH tho it just doesnt make sense why it wont go any further at all and seems to begetting hungup on the flange.

When the new one comes im gonna put it in the freezer and give it a go.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast