Thread: Body mount replacement

Body mount replacement

I bought my 2001 a month ago and when I was doing rust proofing, I mnetioned that I have worn out and cracked 3rd body mount isolators on both left and right side (the one sitting bellow B-pillar).
    I have ordered those mounts from the dealer, but dealer is trying to get out of the job to do it. They just saying its more a body shop work then maintenance. I was also thinking of janging them myself or use private mechanic.
    Does someone knows how to change them? Any links, images, discriptions, guidenance will be very much apprecciated.
    Alex<br /><br />2005 4Runner V6 Limited<br />Custom LT 5.5&quot;, 35&quot;, 4.56, ARB locker<br />Custom ARB + CBI bumpers, Snorkel<br />Warn 9.5xp, Custom Roof Rack, Hella HIDs<br /><br />2001 4Runner V6 Limited<br />3.5&quot; lift, 33&quot;<br />Hella 4000s<br />Custom ARB + CBI bumpers, Snorkel - coming<br /><br />2009 AE Expedition Trailer<br />35&quot;

Re: Body mount replacement

I'm not sure about your 2001, but my '88 was cake - pull up the carpet, loosen nut and remove bolt, out with the old mount, in with the new mount and put the bolt back in - is it in a weird/hard to get to spot?
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

some are under the kick panels and in the back some you have to work your way around the panel but other then that it is cake like you said.

I'm not sure but I think you may have to loosen all on that side to slip the new one in place. I'll post more when I get to a real computer.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Depending on spot Seans right, may have to loose or unbolt the two to three others to do it.

Dont bother with the dealers parts, they are rubber and will degrade again. I was actually might surprised how well the ones from energy suspension worked out. They are made of polyurethane and supposedly wont ever need to be replaced. For like 100 bucks I got an entire set including new mounting plates, new metal and poly bushings. All you need is to reuse your bolts or go to home depot or such and buy new ones if you want.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

i dont think energy suspension makes poly bushings for our trucks.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Shame, just checked and they dont.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Can&#39;t remember which page, but I think I talk about body mount replacement in this thread...http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.ph...26&topic=777.0
    SI VIS PACEM PARABELLUM

that narrows it down fuster.... only 26 pages to look through....

this should help. read all of his tech, smart guy there!

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/ForSale/...l#PolyBushings