Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: ABS light on after oil change

Re: ABS light on after oil change

Standard or not, i wouldn't personally go back to the place that did that.

Or at the very least, when I did, I'd ask them to take the extra 10 minutes and remove the freaking skid.
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

The dealership I worked at never removed the skids for oil changes.
    '96 SR5 5VZ-FE. 89k . 265/75/16 REVO 2s. Sonoran Steel 1.2, HID projector retrofit, Lightforce 170s.

Sean stock skid is 4 bolts
    I remember doing the same though, I think its stupid that they didn't remove it.

as far as a leak all the way on the rear drive shaft from the front,
    make sure its not your rear seals that are blown...

to remove the rear portion, the front portion should probably come off too since its still kind of in the way of oil filter drip.

the front was 5 bolts, if you kept them bolted together its 7 bolts for an oil change, 9 if you arent that good.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Mine was bent to hell so it took all 9 bolts. Now my big one is 6.

off topic but the stock plate is held in with self taping bolts...im sure oil change places are wise to this and avoid them like the plague. that way you dont have customers coming back complaining of stripped bolts.

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    off topic but the stock plate is held in with self taping bolts...im sure oil change places are wise to this and avoid them like the plague. that way you dont have customers coming back complaining of stripped bolts.
    I didn't think they were self tapping bolts,
    Mine thread into a nut just like others, unless I am feeling stupid right now...

they thread into a nut (except for the mounting hole under the UCA) and the bolts have a slight cut on the threads. although ive taken mine on and off hundreds of times and never stripped a bolt or thread. i seriously dont think thats a problem.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator

haha... the 2nd gen skid is held up by 4 bolts, and all 4 of the nuts that are attached to the truck (that the bolts feed into) on mine are stripped... i cant put my stock skid back on...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I lost all 4 of my skid plate bolts long ago, so I just use some bolts I picked up from Home Depot.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast