Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: ABS light on after oil change

ABS light on after oil change

Hi all

I just got my oil changed at a station and the ABS light came on about a mile down the road. Could they have bummped something in the process ? Where do I start looking. Its a 2000 4runner limited 3.4 litre

Thanks for any help

Re: ABS light on after oil change

look at the left front abs sensor and wire. see if its even connected.

thats the only component i can think of close to where they would have been working. if you dont see anything, disconnect the battery for a few minutes, reconnect, and see if it comes back on.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I checked the left front and it looks fine. I unhooked the battery but the light stayed on. I can't imagine what would cause this.

Thanks

maybe its just dumb luck and timing and a sensor just went out?

You might just check your brake fluid reservoir and make sure it has enough fluid and that the cap is on tight. They may have opened it up and not closed it all the way.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Quote Originally Posted by Erich_870
    You might just check your brake fluid reservoir and make sure it has enough fluid and that the cap is on tight. They may have opened it up and not closed it all the way.

Erich
    that usually sets off the brake like, but meh worth checking anyway

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    that usually sets off the brake like, but meh worth checking anyway
    Very possible, I only mentioned it because I let my fluid get low one time and whenever I went around a corner my ABS light would come on.

Erich
    -Erich
    99' Black Highlander 4runner / Garage Profile / Black P/C 8x16 Wheeler Off-Road alloy wheels / Husky floor liners / Thule MOAB Rack
    Alaskan Waterfowler Blog

Hey thanks for all the info, is there a sensor back on the drive shaft area, when they changed the oil they didn't remove the skid plate and they didn't clean off the old oil so it spread along the driveshaft area, when I got it home I thought I had an leak somwhere until I noticed the plate had not been removed....

Thanks

wow that's lazy!
    -Lee
    2013 BMW X6 50i

thats pretty standard for an oil change. when i bought my 4runner i spent a full day scraping old oil from my skids.

i think its what, 8 bolts...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast