Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: So, what's new with you guys?

Re: So, what's new with you guys?

Busy with school and work.
    Just made a deal on some All-Pro Upper Control Arms and Extended Adjustable Coilovers for the 4Runner, (little Christmas present to myself since I am paying the guy in weekly payments.....smart move....)
    Also just got a Denso 02 sensor to hopefully solve my 10 mpg issue that I am having...

Got my Put Put GTI DD back on the road, still needs a cat, but looking at getting a spacer for the o2 sensor, found out that there was a recall, but VW would need it all day and since I have already done other work to it, they might not do it...

Hood and lights came for my moms Lexus finally (need to replace from the deer damage in 2005), so I have to get some paint for the underside and the clips for the heat shield for it, and install it, probably be a partial xmas present for her.

Our new dog is doing well, no signs of cancer coming back from when he went to have a lump removed from his lip a few months ago.

Going to be talking to the snap on guy about opening an account and getting a box and start something small and then start looking for a job in a tire shop or something to get me into the field...

8 more months and I am finally out of school.....

Trying to get my 11 month old daughter to learn to calm down so she is easier to get to take naps. Waiting for the condo to sell so we can finally move (I want a garage and a small yard). Then maybe I can fix some of the broken electronics on the 4Runner.
    96 4Runner, 2.7L 4WD<br />&quot;Dependence begets subservience and venality, suffocates the germ of virtue, and prepares fit tools for the designs of ambition. &quot; - Jefferson

Same ish, different day - still a temp employee (after a full year), getting tired of wearing a button down shirt and suckling the corporate teet, thinking about going back into a shop but not sure - - mini-projects on the runner abound -> retro-fitting a rear air deflector from a gen 2, still gotta assemble my elocker 3rd w/ 4.88s and swap the LSD to the 4.88 front 3rd, Chris got me thinking about center consoles (just picked up a 40mm ammo can as a base), thinking hard on sliders (have a slick bolt-on bracket in mind using my stock leaf spring u-bolts), fixed the backhoe . . . all the stuff that never ends

Scube, dude, you went from Venice Beach to Long Beach with the hair - it looks . . . respectable

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Going to be talking to the snap on guy about opening an account and getting a box and start something small and then start looking for a job in a tire shop or something to get me into the field...
    Don't forget, students get a sweet deal through Snap-On

Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Left for some whitetail hunting at my cabin sat night, today was sooo cold and then hot I came back inside after 3 hours of being miserable. I just couldnt stay warm and kept getting chills then frying. Went to sleep for 3 hours and then concluded im sick and shouldnt be sitting in a free in 15 degree weather. Went home obviously, shame I didnt get anything but ive already gotten 7 deer in the past few years so im good. Was only waiting for that monster buck anyways.

Waiting to paint and put a fender on the T100 then sell it to whomever will pay me the most. I want it gone, period dont care anymore. No matter what I do the rear axle keeps leaking at the seal on the axleshaft.

Trying to save up for a Tundra or Superduty diesel (prefer tundra but right price wins imho), looking to put down a good nut and loan the rest. Hoping my savings and money i get from the T100 gives me a 10k nut or better. Hard to save when you are working on various projects. Since my cousins wife is the CS rep for the bank I use I am hoping she can help a bit too.

Works gotten slow, ugh got cut back again (no surprise there) and i been trying to find something else but there just isnt anything flexible enough. I now work m-f and dont have to work weekends so im kinda stuck. Looking to maybe become an EMT depending on how work goes. The promise of hours (they always have them), 36hr work weeks vs 40-50 and more money is nice. The training is what I dont feel like, I was a fire fighter but its been a long time (they know alot of the same basic info). We shall see, really hoping by summer to get it started depending on how things go.

Got into university, still havent received my info yet so I had called and they confirmed it. Trying to make an appt soon to go over transfer and see what I can do since I have a 2 yr degree. Looking to major in crim justice just cause IDK what else to pick.

Working slowly on my one atv, need some new rear wheels and tires as mine are offset thanks tot he PO and I dont like them-to small too. Other atv needs the motor redone but gonna have that done by spring hopefully.

Im just really bidding my time
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Yeah Keith, 50% off!!!

So got the o2 sensor half in, have to get new nuts since I rounded the old ones taking them off.... Dang rust...

And upon doing that discovered that my one cv popped out....
    hopefully i can get that popped in enough, take it to school and get them to replace it (the boots are gone practically....)

You all have seen my posts so you already know what's new with us.

Daniel, I have 2 R2-D2 Technics, with the computer, as well as the sopwith camel, all covered in dust from sitting on a shelf in the garage, make me a good offer and I'll break them down, put them into whatever lego boxes i have left and send them off.

They're not going to be passed on as I know we now need to shop for Barbie toys.

**Shoot me a pm so I don't detour this thread, Oly, sorry to pimp slightly.

Oh, my finals are next week, I can completely bomb and still get a C+ average, so that's great. Finishing up my campus residency in Spring w/ just a 1-1/2 unit athletics course, then hopefully the State system figures out it's stuff, or I get a good job or consider a couple offers for private institution Business Degree options. I'm less than 3 classes away from another AA option, so who knows, schools been fun and good to me so I am keeping my options open, the private institution's look nice b/c of the added grants I can add to what I already have.

Either way, I finally have a piece of paper proving I'm not entirely stupid, just an A$$/jerk is all.

Get it, AA = Another A$$h0le..

*EDIT: Also some good interviews coming up, so maybe some work/school deal?

Good to hear everyone is doing pretty good!

Congrats to NorCal on the addition!

Few new things for me. First off, I bought a house! I&#39;ll get the motivation to create a thread dedicated to it.

Other than that, I&#39;ve just been working on my house, and working at work (sounds fun, I know)

Yearning to go camping soon, but that&#39;s going to have to wait till after the new year. Snow camping FTW!

House pictures and progress: http://www.flickr.com/photos/dophoto...7622475412520/
    Gone but not forgotten: 2004 Tacoma/2006 Fourwheel Camper<br /><br />ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ<br /><br />&quot;Tyrants mistrust the people, hence they deprive them of arms.&quot;<br />- Aristotle (384-322 B.C.)

We officially want to change my prior answer to now we&#39;re freezing our butts off, trying just to keep the house heated to 72 deg for the baby. This is the third year in a row it&#39;s snowed in the hills here, and we&#39;re in the S.F. Bay Area at Sea Level!! WTF!!

Navigator

iv been doing ok lately...

im newly single, and trying to figure out what that means in my life... little awkward cuz im still stuck in a lease with the ex-gf for a few months... (at least its a 2 bedroom)

tryin to make some new friends, as iv been realizing lately that iv drifted from a lot of my old close friends. Succeeding to an extent.

Gettin ready to go back to school next semester after a few year hiatus. not sure what ill be taking though...

The truck is developing a few issues, that ill need to sort out soon... for right now im just driving it cuz i know this thing is pretty much indestructable...

also this cold storm had me trying to turn on the heater in my apartment... only to find out that it doesnt work (worked when we moved in in April...)

I think thats about it thats new for right now...
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

^ I think more than one person here will say pay w/e it takes and get out asap. Do not stay there no matter what. Go behind her back and talk to the landlord, offer to pay your part and sever all ties as quickly and cleanly as possible.

Page 2 of 14 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast