Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Winter Wheeling pics

Winter Wheeling pics

Post 'em up if you got to play in the snow (need to show the Left Coasters there's more than sand and rocks )

Nothing wicked today - it was just myself so I took it relatively easy on some fireroads to see how the KM2s handle at street pressure in the snow. Overall, I'm not disappointed. I can break 'em loose on asphalt, so driving on hard-pack required a light touch on the throttle. I could get a little deeper into it on loose snow and when the rear started to swing wide it was somewhat predictable and easy to control (counter steer through it or just lift a bit and pull the short stick). I left the hubs locked, but only used 4wd to pull the front end around on turns (otherwise it would push)
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Re: Winter Wheeling pics

What is that white stuff all over the ground!? Never seen it here before... 'Tis a shame, I'd love to try out some snow wheeling... Great pic and nice rig too!
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

That aint snow, we got 2 feet here!
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Damn Keith that's all they got up there?
    I am buried in at least a foot or more down here.

I have no pics unfortunately cause I was out later in the dark and the camera was out of Batteries, I go to work soon so I will probably have no pics today either...

Went snow wheelin at big bear yesterday actually. Have plenty of pics but right now I'm at work on the iPhone. I'll make a report later..
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Quote Originally Posted by CJM
    That aint snow, we got 2 feet here!
    Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Damn Keith that's all they got up there?
    I am buried in at least a foot or more down here.
    I'll take what I can get - I was hoping the storm would move more inland a bit instead of turning north east

you know this will be mostly west coast snow wheeling pics right? lol. a famous ski resort for snowboarders(big bear)is located about an hour from the mighty hammers trails....we pretty much have it all just teasin!

i do wanna see the east coast stuff! my experience with 4x4 back in Vermont was almost entirely logging roads in the snow. alot of you have gotten a good sized storm too for some nice pics!

Lol Troy, you do know that Corax used to live here in socal..
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

hahah I didnt know, but lets seem them east coast half frozen mud holes and deep snow!

Quote Originally Posted by troyboy162
    lets see them east coast half frozen mud holes and deep snow!
    just for you, but this one&#39;s from last year

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast