Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Land Cruiser Rims

Land Cruiser Rims

I've searched around and haven't found a definitive answer to this, hopefully someone here can help.

Will rims off of a 1996 FJ80 fit properly on a 2000 4runner? From what I've read the stock wheels on the 4runner are both lug and hub centric, and it seems some years of FJ80 wheels will work and others won't, but I can't find any reliable details. Anybody know specifically about the 1996 FJ80?

I'd love to increase the width of my truck for slightly better sidehill stability but mainly to space the wheels outside of the fenders for improved rock protection. These rims are being sold for $200, I just want to make sure they will safely fit.

Thanks.

- Matt
    2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

Re: Land Cruiser Rims

All toyota wheels are the same bolt pattern up until 2008 trucks AFAIK and all of them have the same hub mounting area as well so long as its a 6 lug. Only wheel that wont fit period is the new 5 lug or the old 2wd 5 lug.

If you can go test fit the wheels do it to make sure tho.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Also make sure sure they are the 5 spoke LC rims in the 16" variety, those will fit.
    Its the 4 Spoke 15" variety that will not.

Also do you have the Tundra Caliper Upgrade To Your Brakes?
    If so you have to grind them down a little to fit the rim on but then after that you are good to go.

80 wheels don't work with Tundra calipers, I made some .200" spacers but I need to wait till the weather gets warmer so I can pull the hub and put the longer lug bolts in.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndGen
    80 wheels don't work with Tundra calipers, I made some .200" spacers but I need to wait till the weather gets warmer so I can pull the hub and put the longer lug bolts in.
    which Tundra calipers do you have?
    I could have sworn Andy Had them working on his 99.
    Maybe he had a spacer and I forgot...

I have 199mm. I have ground the front wheels down to make them fit, but don't want to it to the rear.
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

yeah,

Thanks for all the replies.

I have the stock front calipers so clearance should not be an issue. It's interesting that the Tundra breaks don't fit with the LC rims but do with the stock ones, is the issue that the rim rubs on the front of the caliper?

These are definitely the 6lug 16" variety, I just wanted to make sure they would work on our hub/lug centric trucks.

- Matt
    2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

Quote Originally Posted by slomatt
    It's interesting that the Tundra breaks don't fit with the LC rims but do with the stock ones, is the issue that the rim rubs on the front of the caliper?
    Matt-
    They rub on the side of the caliper.
    Thats why you have to grind off a little bit of the caliper.

2 of my LC rims are the acorn style and 2 are the shank style, they both fit. '96 should be the shank style just for reference, earlier years were the acorn. I sold a set of LC rims earlier and the buyer test fitted them on his Tundra calipers and they seemed to clear but just barely...not sure why if you guys are having different experiences.
    1999 Toyota 4runner Limited 4x4 E-Locker: DR Coilovers ~ Camburg UCA&#39;s ~ OME 890+10mm ~ Icon Rear 2.5 Resi&#39;s ~ 235/85/16 Hankook Dynapro MT&#39;s ~ LC Rims

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast