Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: WHERE ARE YOU FROM THREAD...

Re: WHERE ARE YOU FROM THREAD...

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    I noticed the West coast is so much more chill to the east.
    its all the good weather today it is chilly, 60 degrees for a high. stupid winter, i hate wearing shoes and pants. i long for the days of shorts and flipflops. beginning of next week. im not sure i can wait that long...
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I know....All you CA guys on here. Doesn't help me finding a group here in mountainous, rock land. There is all sorts of places that I bet would be great to go in this area, but I am new and have no idea. Come on NE and CT guys...Where are you!?!?!?!?!?
    JOE-<br />&#39;95 4Runner (as Bob would say T4R) completely stock, but it&#39;s now a work in process......4X4 auto<br /><br />&#39;04 Chevy Burban Z71 4X4 - kid haulin&#39; bus, but she&#39;s a sweet black b!tch.

http://www.off-road.com/offroad/arti....jsp?id=290896

thats probably not very helpful but most trails back east are on private property so your gonna have know a guy who knows a guy. networking with lots of clubs will help

Another thing.
    Most trails here are geared towards your Trail Queen Rigs and not your DD's.
    And the thought of doing trails like Scuba Steve did that one run, were that night the removed his valve stems (I can remember details but can't find the link lol!!!)
    Yeah doing that here is almost unheard of sometimes....

Yea, trails around here are mostly geared towards super built up offroad only trucks. Ive been to both paragon offroad park (now closed) and it was ok for DD, not really that great overall (I think Avy would agree) and Rausch Creek which was good, but you needed a slightly done up truck to really run.

Thats kind why I swapped to quads, it breaks I am only out a few thousand at most-rather than the hard way I found out with the T100. Also tons of places to go riding quads here as the trails can be anywhere one will fit-unlike trucks.

One day ill build up a truck, nice SFA and the whole jazz, but nows not the time.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Another thing.
    Most trails here are geared towards your Trail Queen Rigs and not your DD&#39;s.
    And the thought of doing trails like Scuba Steve did that one run, were that night the removed his valve stems (I can remember details but can&#39;t find the link lol!!!)
    Yeah doing that here is almost unheard of sometimes....
    Lol the get hammered event?
    http://ttora.com/forum/showthread.php?t=143847

ahh, fun times for sure.
    The trails out here, most of the really fun (challenging) ones can be run in street legal dd&#39;s on 33/35&#39;s and full blown trailer queens on 4ds. Just gotta pick your poison..
    Wanna wheel the hell outta your junk ? Trailer queen at the hammers.. Wanna have fun and drive home under our own power, wheel calico, cougar, some of JV, or big bear..

And that&#39;s why I love it here, tons of diverse trails with anything you could want.. All within 1-3 hours from my doorstep

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Also, we have lots of water and weather and moss and just nasty mud stuff that you all are not to familiar with except on rare occasion.

I'm in Fayetteville, NC, which is just off I95, about 45 miles north of the SC border.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Yeah, and we say "ain't" , "ya'll" and "git 'er done"... I wanna wheel California soooo bad... Mud pits and creek beds get boring after the 500th time...
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

Quote Originally Posted by kregg
    Yeah, and we say "ain't" , "ya'll" and "git 'er done"... I wanna wheel California soooo bad... Mud pits and creek beds get boring after the 500th time...
    Got boring after the 1st year of me owning the truck....

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast