Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tundra TRD Coil Springs to LIFT a 4Runner or Tacoma

Re: Tundra TRD Coil Springs to LIFT a 4Runner or Tacoma

i have wheeled it enough to know my limits without breakin one. cv are stronger that people realize. and what the big deal about takin 30 min out of my sunny sunny summer day to change one ever now and then. lol jk but really its not pushin the cv's to far my any means and they ride way nice...
    96 4Runner, 4in OME/LC lift (883&#039;s w/ top plate spacer, Land Cruiser&#039;s 8 coil) 2in Body Lift 315/75/16&#039;s. rear e-locker&nbsp; <br />I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE JEEP THING THATS WHY I HAVE A TOYOTA!!

Loooking at your sig you have those coils with a topout spacer.
    What's your actual meassure on front lift?
    Just curious.
    iirc the tundras with the top out spacer is 2.5-3

I have actually been meaning to pick up extra set of cv's but with other repairs taking its place I don't even think I need the extra cvs at the momment lol!

lol i live right be auto zone so last summer when i had 881's up front i broke cv all the time for some reason so i would take the cv out walk to auto zone and get a new one. haha but it measures out to be almost 3.5 i have the tall lc springs in the rear and they have me a little over 4.5in of lift and it has a little rake but about the same as the tundra with spacer and the regular lc coils... heres a pic for ya

[img width=800 height=600]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s266/thisoneguy2020/IMG_3471.jpg[/img]

this is the best pic i got of the cv angle...

[img width=800 height=600]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s266/thisoneguy2020/IMG_3487.jpg[/img]
    96 4Runner, 4in OME/LC lift (883&#039;s w/ top plate spacer, Land Cruiser&#039;s 8 coil) 2in Body Lift 315/75/16&#039;s. rear e-locker&nbsp; <br />I UNDERSTAND THE WHOLE JEEP THING THATS WHY I HAVE A TOYOTA!!

Can anyone show me what there assemble of the front looks like, i think I any have done something wrong....

especially where the strut stud come through the stock top out plate

Yotafun,
    PM me your email and I will send you a PDF from the shop manual.

2001 4Runner 3.4V-6 SR5 4x4 Money Pit<br />2008 FJC TT SE 6 SPEED stock

Quote Originally Posted by 4Runner202020
    i have the tall lc springs in the rear and they have me a little over 4.5in of lift and it has a little rake but about the same as the tundra with spacer and the regular lc coils... heres a pic for ya

[img width=800 height=600]http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s266/thisoneguy2020/IMG_3471.jpg[/img]
    What LC are the coils from? Front or back?
    I'm going to help a buddy of mine SAS his runner and I'm doing a little research on replacement coils for the back of his rig.
    Let me know
    Danny
    &#039;85 4runner, totally stock. Not for long! <br />Done milling my steering arms!<br />http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548270<br />Working on DUAL-TRANNYS<br /><br />Engineers never make mistakes.......................................onl y revisions.

1995 Toyota FZJ-80 Land Cruiser Coils (Yes the front FZJ-80 coils fit in the back of a 3rd Gen 4Runner):
    48131-6A570 - left - Orange + Orange + White
    48131-6A480 - right - Purple + Gray + White

I have conflicting information on the actual colors on the coils. The left may actually be green + Orange + White.

I also believe that these coils give the lowest lift ~3.5-4 inches.
    2001 4Runner 3.4V-6 SR5 4x4 Money Pit<br />2008 FJC TT SE 6 SPEED stock

Thanks
    &#039;85 4runner, totally stock. Not for long! <br />Done milling my steering arms!<br />http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=548270<br />Working on DUAL-TRANNYS<br /><br />Engineers never make mistakes.......................................onl y revisions.

I know this thread is a bit old, but I posted on here when I did this to my Tacoma. Its been 2 years and all is good, but I am putting on an ARB bumper as we speak and I have a set of 255/85 coopers ready to go after that. I am thinking that the ARB is going to weigh down the front and the Coopers are going to rub. After looking around at Steve(sonoran Steel)'s site, I noticed that he is now using the adjustable Bilsteins with the Tundra coils? I bought some of my parts for my lift from Steve, so I like his stuff, but I don't want to reinvent the wheel. Has anyone had any luck buying just his adjustable bilsteins? I read somewhere else that they were made to order to his specs?
    Secondly, the double cab Tundras have a slightly longer coil. I am also thinking of going this route, but I have not read about anyone using the longer coils from the pre 07 tundras. If I missed this on here, I apologize.

honestly, the arb doesn't weigh "that" much more than the stock stuff. however, if you add a winch, then you'll add considerable weight. expect the ARB to make the fronts ride about 1/4" lower than with the stock bumper. add a winch and it will be closer to 1/2" or just over.

doing the math, the fronts are estimated to be about 400#/inch in the "soft" zone where it rides. the ARB weighs about 75# more than the stock hardware. 75/400 = .1875 = 3/16" of sag

add another 100# for a winch and cable, and you'll settle another 1/4" on top of that.
    -andy

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast