Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: '73 Volkswagen Squareback

'73 Volkswagen Squareback

or

"why you dont give z0rz money"

pictures speak for them selves. got a great deal, minimal rust, history of it being purchased in germany, taken on vacation, and brought back as part of the tourist program VW had back in the day. spare set of wheels and front bumper, plus some of the random trim bits

[img width=800 height=600]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/square/IMG_2436.jpg[/img]
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/square/IMG_2422.jpg[/img]
    http://s103.photobucket.com/albums/m...puters/square/

and the 4runner with its new little sister:
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m141/hamiltoncomputers/square/IMG_2437.jpg[/img]

here's a list of needed fixes in a sortof order of importance:
    passenger window off track
    starter? (whatever it takes to get it running)
    parking brake
    check and bleed brakes
    adjust clutch
    fix slop in shifter
    ignition switch (currently uses a push button)
    leaking frunk seal (not a typo)

stay tuned for updates on how it's ruined my life.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Re: '73 Volkswagen Squareback

*At least it's a 12 volt, that's half of the work.

As far as ruining your life, well it is all about how you deal with it, FWIW I ended up selling my '68 auto stick, with a blown #3 cylinder, that I had barely $6000 into to a Japanese collector for..

$15,000. No that is not a typo, early numbered and cleaner than even this one! http://www.collectorcarads.com/Volkswagen-Beetle/33031

*I should've kept the black-yellow plate. ;(

What's a frunk seal?

I still think that spare tire windshield washer squirter contraption you were telling me about is the coolest thing ever.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Frunk=Front Trunk. The seal at the front edges goes south and even when new they sometimes still leak/whistle..

Really annonying.

Quote Originally Posted by Seanz0rz

"why you dont give z0rz money"

leaking frunk seal (not a typo)

stay tuned for updates on how it's ruined my life.
    I only remember these parts of the post above...
    LAWL!
    --Chris--<br />Facebook Me!<br />1996 Toyota 4Runner Limited / Sonoran Steel 1.2 Lift / 4Crawler Offroad 2&quot; Body Lift / ProComp 8069 16x8 / 315-75 GoodYear Duratracs / Modified ARB front / BruceTS Rear / WABFAB custom stuffs

the seal that goes around the front trunk. i was sitting in the car while it was raining and noticed a drip just right of the tunnel under the dash. this is my assumption of where the drip is coming from. although it could be something to do with the fresh air system.

goal for the car is a daily driver. 4runner is killing me on gas and wear parts. i think i can get this running for a little bit of cash and just enjoy it as it is, fixing it up as i go. the way i figure it is, i dont think i will ever lose money on this vehicle.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

*Thing needs a set of Surf Racks.

LOL...that's what I figured. I was thinking "rear trunk", "front hood", "rear hood", etc; but "front trunk" didn't cross my mind. The rear hatch seals on the buses seem to wear out too.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

after further reading, im being led to believe that the leak is from the fresh air vents (louvers in the cowl)

friday ill have all the paperwork done and pick up a new starter and charge the battery. this thing needs to get on the road!

You sure this thing isn't gonna nickle and dime you as much as the truck?
    I feel like mine is, though I finally figured out my trans leak is a mixture of the cooler and the need for a new pan and gasket.

Be interesting to see where you go with it Sean.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast