Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: OMG What Did I Do???

Re: OMG What Did I Do???

First Off I never said I wanted to have the most bad ass IFS, I just said I want to get her Rollin again.

Second, yes, if I did an sas I wanted to use volvo C303 portal axles, but it might be comin down to a Dana 44 or toy axle really soon.

I am not going to throw a locker in an ifs diff unless it was selectable.

Righ now i am trying to sell my gti because m friend has a 98 manual 4Runner that I would like to pick up.
    If that happens then the sawzall comes out.

I have a built set of 60s Ill sell you

to answer your gearing question...3rd gen 4runners with elockers came with 4.30 gears, non elocked 6cyl 3rd gens came with 4.10 gears, 4cyl 3rd gen runners came with 4.56 gears, tacos with elockers came with 4.10s not sure if they also came with 4.30s. and IIRC toyota threw a 3.90 or 3.83ish type gear in the mix with these as well, maybe in a prerunner....

your diff explosion looks exactly like mine did. i drove home 3 hrs with it broke though....dangerous? yes! these front diffs explode due to being open and spinning like crazy as we try to get up rocks, but if we lock it, the axles go boom....cant win unless you sas
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

Quote Originally Posted by X-Tool Pimp
    I have a built set of 60s Ill sell you
    full width or shortened?

Silly spider gears.. who needs them. If it were me, I'd just get another junkyard front diff or get one from someone else that is currently doing a SAS. But when you grenade a second diff or break 4 cv's you are required by law to put a solid axle under the truck.
    Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&amp;R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

I didn&#39;t realize you worked at a dealership! Have they placed you or do you only get to use the lab?

*They&#39;ve (Toyota/Schools) pretty much killed off the T-Ten in the S.F. Bay Area.
    De-Anza&#39;s the only one left now.

FWIW take care of that little briefcase/black box, that thing can be your life-blood some days.. LOL.

Quote Originally Posted by corax
    nice facility you get to work in, much better than the gravel/dirt I'm used to laying on (no jealousy )
    There's plenty of paved driveways in Oregon and California!

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Quote Originally Posted by corax
    nice facility you get to work in, much better than the gravel/dirt I'm used to laying on (no jealousy )
    There's plenty of paved driveways in Oregon and California!
    looks like it'll be coastal Delaware for a little while . . .
    Keith '88 4runner SR5 Garage Thread

Quote Originally Posted by 97kurt
    Silly spider gears.. who needs them. If it were me, I'd just get another junkyard front diff or get one from someone else that is currently doing a SAS. But when you grenade a second diff or break 4 cv's you are required by law to put a solid axle under the truck.
    x2 on the used front diff. i just put a used one in when i broke mine. and dont be lazy like me, put new axle seals in before you install it and find out it leaks haha
    1998 4runner SAS<br />1997 Volvo 850<br /><br />www.toyotacrawlers.com

They find opening at dealers for me and thats about it,
    I have to do the rest on my own.

The Snap-On caddy and the Toughbook are the schools but god they are cool.

Keith Where in DE?
    I use to live down there.

Got a question, do gears from a non locked diff fit in a locked diff?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast