View Poll Results: Sould I have and internal or exo cage built...pros/cons?

Voters
17. You may not vote on this poll
  • Internal...exo cages are ugly

11 64.71%
  • Exo cage...more body glass protection

6 35.29%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A cage for Goldmember....internal or exo?

A cage for Goldmember....internal or exo?

So now that my kids are getting older and I will be wheeling with the whole family I want protection for them...in reality I should have done it a long time ago. Also keep in mind that I do not daily drive my runner.

The 2 choices I have are purchasing the 4xInnovations internal cage or having a custom one made that will go the whole length of the truck

Or have a custom exo built...similar to the 2 shown below

I have recieved a couple quotes and the exo will be cheaper, but the wife thinks it looks like headgear.

Pics of the internal cage...

For the exo, I always liked the one built be Webilt....

1995 4runner--SAS'd and armored--GONE

1998 4Runner--under construction--GONE

2003 4runner...the new project

Re: A cage for Goldmember....internal or exo?

Internal. You have a 2nd gen, so you have enough room to spare in there to make it still liveable with a cage in it, and there is no need for the retard with a football helmet look of an exo.

Truthfully though, I think you just need to decide whats important. How much do you love your body/glass? My '84 isnt a DD or anything (TRAILER QUEEN ) and I dont care about body or glass, at all, really.... SO I obviously went for internal. Protecting the squishy stuff ISNIDE the truck was way more important to me than the body...
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

id go exo but that just cause id want to smack rocks as well as have roll over protection.

I vote for internal but that's only because I hate the look of exos. I think in your case you should run a exo to save the body unless you want it to look like my rig

Internal. Exo's are ugly. There are a few that seem okay, but if you are going to have all that tube showing, might as well cut off the body and be done with it.
    -I love you.-<br /><br />1987 BigWheel

I hate how the masses hate on the looks of exo&#39;s. There&#39;s plenty of EXO designs out there that compliment body lines and flow well with the overall shape and look of a certain vehicle.
    I vote EXO.

EDIT: Speaking of interior cages, Marlin is selling their interior cages for $100 off..
    http://www.marlincrawler.com/armor/i...erior-cage-kit

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Good looking out Scuba...didnt see that special. For that price, maybe I will do the internal and a partial exo?

Thanks for the input guys..

Quote Originally Posted by Marc P
    Good looking out Scuba...didnt see that special. For that price, maybe I will do the internal and a partial exo?

Thanks for the input guys..
    The internal with partial exo is a great idea imo.
    I just voted internal cause I just love the lines of the 4runner and I think it would be such a shame to cover them up lol!

Thanks for the input...I ordered the Marlin internal cage and will have that tied into a full interior cage.

I have had this partial exo in my backyard for a long time now...I may get it installed along with a new set of sliders I bought

Mark, is that marlin cage a full internal or just cover the front seats? I think it's the same as the truck so only covers the front seats, but I could be wrong.
    My signature

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast