Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: You're gonna love my nuts, BAM, delicious -

Re: You're gonna love my nuts, BAM, delicious -

Part of me wants to add a supercharger, but part of me is concerned about reliability once a supercharger is added. I haven't run across any fuel solutions that I like either.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

i am starting to seriously look into the 1gr-fe swap.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Navigator

Sean - Swapping a 1gr is incredibly difficult... from what I've seen a 1uz swap is easier than 1gr. Mainly because EVERYTHING is computerized, and you basically need an entire donor truck to rip all the control modules and crap out to make it work
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

kevin, that's pretty much the plan. i want an auto, at least 5spd (does toyota offer the 6spd auto?) so the easiest way is to get an entire drivetrain from an FJC, Taco, or 4Runner and swap it in, all the computers and everything. basically all i have to worry about from that point is getting it all to fit, brackets and mounts, and dshafts.

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Kevin, if he can pick up a drive train from a FJ cruiser, it will be a hell of a lot easier to swap in then a 4Runner or Taco, due to the fact it still has a J-Shift t-case, he would also want one that doesn't have the diff lock, so the 4wd ecu won't go crazy.

You will need to get a accelerator pedal out of a 01-02 since they switch to TBW in 01 and the FJ is also TBW.

I have actually started thinking about the swap more and more as I extend my time at a Toyota dealer

I'd want a 1gr with a 6spd manual if I was going to do it.

Would the gauges have to be swapped as well?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

probably. id be willing to tackle that as well.

Yes the gauges would have to be swapped, if you want to stick with the 3rd gen look you could get away with an 01-02 cluster just for the digital ODO, vsc and trac lights.

The FJs do have the main light but you can avoid that, it wont make the engine run different if its on.

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910