Thread: You're gonna love my nuts, BAM, delicious -

Re: My motor.......is being swapped!!

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    Quote Originally Posted by partsman93274
    what is a 1UZ motor?
    the dream motor swap for most of us, and what everyone else said

Power is over rated. Just breaks more junk on the trail
    But I should have more power than the 3.0, of which I've gone through two motors because of the headgasket BS.
    JOE-<br />&#39;95 4Runner (as Bob would say T4R) completely stock, but it&#39;s now a work in process......4X4 auto<br /><br />&#39;04 Chevy Burban Z71 4X4 - kid haulin&#39; bus, but she&#39;s a sweet black b!tch.

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris
    Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    Quote Originally Posted by partsman93274
    what is a 1UZ motor?
    the dream motor swap for most of us, and what everyone else said

Power is over rated. Just breaks more junk on the trail
    But I should have more power than the 3.0, of which I've gone through two motors because of the headgasket BS.
    No I completely understand your reasoning..
    I was just saying.. In the rocks, more power and more torque= breaking axles and junk, if you don't know how to drive.

Good luck with the swap, I've been wanting to do a 1UZ swap. Just don't have time and money.

What are you doing for a harness? I've read that Painlessperformance does harenesses for a good price..

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

What are you doing for a harness? I've read that Painlessperformance does harenesses for a good price..

good price for whom? you or painless. i looked into a basic universal one for my vw. it was going to be in the 700 dollar range. thats nearly what i paid for my fricken car!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

I am going to start with the 1UZ harness. I will have to think about that one alot. First thing will be getting it running and in the truck. Then I will determine what is necessary to blend in the wiring to make every thing work well. It's certainly not a weekend project.
    JOE-<br />&#39;95 4Runner (as Bob would say T4R) completely stock, but it&#39;s now a work in process......4X4 auto<br /><br />&#39;04 Chevy Burban Z71 4X4 - kid haulin&#39; bus, but she&#39;s a sweet black b!tch.

This topic is one of the few things that make me not want to reside in California. Not having to deal with excessive amounts of emission parts and then go to a smog referee just to fail. California takes the fun out of almost everything. Of course I'm still living here and probably will for the next couples years. Anyway, good luck with your swap and I didn't know that a Jetta has so much trunk space.

It's not like a Caddy, but I could get two bodies in there!

I finally can work on my 4Runner. motor is getting ready to come out!
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr341/LuZZifer/SSPX0365.jpg[/img]
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i498.photobucket.com/albums/rr341/LuZZifer/SSPX0367.jpg[/img]

I also have a few suspension items coming from Crinale to give a better stance and slight lift.

I am going to use the BJ spacers and LC coils to give a little lift. Is it worth it to get urethane bushings on everything now too or stay with the 15 year old stock rubber?

Change now, your already in there so why not?
    Plus it will make everything feel solid again and help with the alignment later.

3.0 swap or 3.4?

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast