Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: You're gonna love my nuts, BAM, delicious -

Re: My motor.......is being swapped!!

I am swapping OUT the 3.0.
    JOE-<br />&#39;95 4Runner (as Bob would say T4R) completely stock, but it&#39;s now a work in process......4X4 auto<br /><br />&#39;04 Chevy Burban Z71 4X4 - kid haulin&#39; bus, but she&#39;s a sweet black b!tch.

Only a fool would ever swap IN a 3.0 - If one ever blows up, and you have to replace it, replace it with something else. I'd take my 22R over a 3.0 ANYday.
    -Chris
    2004 DoubleCab Tacoma PreRunner: 3.4 V6-Auto, DD/Tow Rig
    1997 Lexus LX450: 4.5 I6-Auto, DD
    1984 4Runner: 22R-5 speed, 14 inch bob, 5.29's, lincoln locked rear, lockright front, Armored and Caged by Mossyrocks Fabrication, total disregard for body damage.
    1997 4Runner: GONE
    1996 FZJ80 Land Cruiser: GONE

Yeah, after seeing the 3.4 in my 3rd gen, I don't ever want to touch my 3.0 again.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Had to ask, people swap in rebuilt's all the time. Now then, how are you addressing the transmission bit since your's is an auto? Going w/ the matching case and throwing on an inchworm, or you actually got a hold of a '95-'98 3.4'd T-100 drivetrain?

Quote Originally Posted by NorCalBorn
    Had to ask, people swap in rebuilt's all the time. Now then, how are you addressing the transmission bit since your's is an auto? Going w/ the matching case and throwing on an inchworm, or you actually got a hold of a '95-'98 3.4'd T-100 drivetrain?
    Yea, I put in another 3.0 the last time it blew. It was DD and needed it running so paid to have it done. Now, it's not a DD and can work on it as I have time. So I can change it to what I want to do on my own.

I plan on using my drivetrain in the process. What are you talking about? When I get my camera back and there is more or any good progress, I will post up the work here as a build thread.
    JOE-<br />&#39;95 4Runner (as Bob would say T4R) completely stock, but it&#39;s now a work in process......4X4 auto<br /><br />&#39;04 Chevy Burban Z71 4X4 - kid haulin&#39; bus, but she&#39;s a sweet black b!tch.

For some reason I kept thinking it's an automatic??

It is an automatic. But I plan on utilizing my drive train with the swap. I'll change internals and this and that, but from trainy/transfer case/drive line will still be the same as before.

I'll post up pics of my conversion as I move along. This will be my first trip inside a transmission so it should be fun.

I will advise against throwing a supercharger on the '95 trans as well, the friction discs and solenoids simply cannot handle it and I've the pics to show it. ..in fact he went to a 5-speed shortly after also.

**Don't take my feedback and suggestions as bashing b/c I'm not too far of from finally either doing my swap or getting a newer one to do a similar build on. I've done 4 3.4 swaps now and each had it's different quirks. I just need to finally decide to give my drivetrain to Lil'Bro and have some fun..I love my 2nd gen too much to see it go now. We need tech and threads like this in here and honestly I should contribute to it more but w/ customer's asking for privacy over theft concerns around here it's best for me to not disclose stuff or be sneaking pictures. Take plenty of good pictures, write down the electrical changes as like I said some quirks are there, every '95's wiring isn't exactly the same.

I.O.W. Post it up and make us jealous!

Try to find the drive train from a T-100 that had a 3.4l, that would be your best bet and a lot more simple and it will be a significantly more reliable drive train.

I'm not putting in a 3.4l, if that's why everyone keeps saying to put in a drivetrain from a 3.4l T-100. Keep you posted.....

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast