I've seen some pretty heated discussions about this topic recently, I don't really want to get into what Obama said about it, but suffice it to say that he would have been far better of had he kept his trap shut, but his loss, not mine...

Anyways, how do you feel about this?

I personally believe that they have every right to build the mosque there, and that the government in no way should attempt to stop it, it sends us down a very dangerous road if they did.

However, I do question not only the wisdom, but the intent of building it at that location. You'd have to not know about 9/11/2001 to think that building a mosque there wouldn't create any controversies, and since the developers were well aware of that date, you have to ask yourself, what were they thinking? Ultimately at the end of the day, regardless of what they were thinking, or what they are building it for, they do have the right to build it there. One thing it does show me is that, at least in this instance, these people have no concern for helping relations between Islam and the western world.