Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Bolt-On Tundra Brake Upgrade for 96-02 4Runners

Re: Bolt-On Tundra Brake Upgrade for 96-02 4Runners

Well If numb nuts here (points to self and slaps self on head) reads, I have figured out that I have the 231mm calipers.
    Which I guess I can be happy for since I will be flat towing another rig behind me.
    Now Just got to get some brake caliper Paint and get those things coated in red to match the suspension and install.

The guy that sold them to me even had pads already in them!
    I got a full packaged deal for 130 Shipped!

will your wheels fit over these larger calipers? dust cover, spindle?
    94 4Runner, SR5 3.0V6, 4WD, 5spd: SOLD<br />99 4Runner, SR5, 3.4L 4WD, 5spd.&nbsp;&nbsp; full SS 1.2 lift, RedLine Fluids, Marline Shifter seat, BruceTS rear bumper, roof busket, Marlin 1200 Clutch, hitch mount tire carrier, Tundra brakes, Brembo rotors.&nbsp; Stubb&#039;s sliders, Lightforce 240, ARB Taco bar, BruceTS rear bumper, stainless steel skid plate.&nbsp; ScanGaugeII, Hankook AT 265/75 LC80 wheels.<br />04 4Runner, V6 SR5 4WD, 3rd Gen. LTD wheels, BFG AT 265/75, FJC coils and silver Bilstein shocks, Scion H/U.

They should according to others, when I get home tonight I am going to fit the caliper on to see.
    I thing all I am going to have to do is trim the dust shield a bit.

And I just found out at the 231mm calipers where part of a TPS for the tundra's so I don't know what that would really mean for us.

Okay now I need a little more help
    Which one is left and which one is right?

Dude. Its pretty simply. The brake line fittings won't line up if you mount them on the wrong side.
    -Scott<br />&#039;01 Black SR5 4x4 w/ Black Pearl&#039;s: Detroit Truetrac | Tundra/OME 890s w/ Tokico Trekmasters | SS Diff Drop/Panhard | Tundra rotors/calipers | Rear Diff Breather Extension | Hayden cooler | K&amp;N | ISR | Deckplate | Jet Black PC&#039;d LC 16x8&#039;s w/ LT265/75R16 Cooper S/T&#039;s

Quote Originally Posted by hillbilly
    Dude. Its pretty simply. The brake line fittings won't line up if you mount them on the wrong side.
    Yeah you know I kinda figured that when I woke up this morning...
    I guess I was so excited to get them I just didn't think, what else is new...

You've would figure it out, but I had to get a friendly in...
    -Scott<br />&#039;01 Black SR5 4x4 w/ Black Pearl&#039;s: Detroit Truetrac | Tundra/OME 890s w/ Tokico Trekmasters | SS Diff Drop/Panhard | Tundra rotors/calipers | Rear Diff Breather Extension | Hayden cooler | K&amp;N | ISR | Deckplate | Jet Black PC&#039;d LC 16x8&#039;s w/ LT265/75R16 Cooper S/T&#039;s

Alright, before I burn a hole in my pocket buying 10 cans of brake parts cleaner, can someone suggest an easier way of cleaning these things off?
    I want to paint them, but that is looking to be easier said then done...

This is how far I got with a wire brush and a full can of cleaner:

This is what they looked like when I got them:

I also think I found a potential future problem....:

Alright I have an issue.
    One of the calipers will have to be replaces since the bleeder broke off
    (don't ask...)

Also how hard is it to rebuild a caliper.
    The other caliper is going to need it...

okay, so my front brakes are toast and i am trying to get the parts together this week before i move.... so i need some help.

okay, so i know i got to go to autozone to get the calipers, my question is in regards to the rotors. i followed a link to 4wdtrips.com and the link they posted was for 2002 Tacoma 4wd Ext Cab rotors for 49.00 a piece plus shipping. when i searched EVERY single tundra rotor, not only was it a different part number, but the price had jumped up to 75 a piece plus shipping... which do i get?
    Kyle<br /><br /><br />2002 4Runner - Supercharged - 2.5&quot; OME Lift - ARB Air Locker - 33&quot; Nitto Terragrapplers - ARB Bull Bar - Warn 9.5xp - Light Force Lamps - Safari Snorkel - Nomad Skids - Dual Batteries - Tundra 199mm Brakes - APO Disc Brake Conversion -

Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast