Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Darn, first body damage.

Darn, first body damage.

After wheeling my ZJ for 6 years and the 4runner for 2 I managed to put not one but two dents in my rear bumper on a trail I've run a bunch of times. This is the first body damage I've had besides scratches on either truck (not counting the gas tank skid on the 4runner). Oh well, it had to happen at some point and at least they aren't too big and only damaged the stock bumper.

[img width=800 height=539]http://www.blankwhitepage.com/gallery/albums/t4r_slickrock_20100926/IMG_1209.jpg[/img]

- Matt
    2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

Re: Darn, first body damage.

... I have worse damage than that on my Crown Vic lol.... but it's not from anything exciting like a trail. :P
    [b] -Bekah <br />.=. It&#39;s not the fall that hurts, it&#39;s that stop at the end .=.

Eh that's nothing! More of a reason to get a new bumper!

I am suprised you haven't ripped off your mudflaps yet.
    2001 4Runner 3.4V-6 SR5 4x4 Money Pit<br />2008 FJC TT SE 6 SPEED stock

That's not too bad Matt. Hell it's part of the side wing so you could replace just that wing if you wanted to. If you find another bumper that's all mucked up but has a good pass side wing you could probably get it for cheap. Or try to fix it. Pull the bumper remove, that wing, stuff yourself with smoked meat and go at it with a hammer.

Pardoes gave me some deep bumper sratches. Driver side bottom is gouged and the pass side got dinged with I smashed the tail pipe.

bumpers dont count, they are expendable!

time to buy a bumper from me!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Thats nothing! lol

Now it's a 4runner! It's not truly a 4runner until you have a dent on your bumper.
    My signature

Thanks. I wasn't all the bummed about the dents, just more annoyed that after years of offroading and running trails like the Rubicon and Golden Spike this was my first official body damage and it was on a trail I drove the 4runner through last year and didn't touch anything.

- Matt
    2000 4Runner Sport / 4x4 / 5spd / E-locker / SS 1.2 / 265x75x16 Bighorns / ARB Prado / HD-SKO

Awww yes I remember my first body damage.....

[img width=800 height=598]http://i214.photobucket.com/albums/cc245/tonytoolpimp/New%20Years%20Hammers%2007/P1010053.jpg[/img]

and its been down hill ever since

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast