Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Limited flares and plastics removal

Limited flares and plastics removal

This will be attempt #2 at posting this, my first attempt landed the thread in zombie land.

Big weekend, the rear bumper is off and is never going back on. Looks like I tweaked it pretty bad when I had the truck on the side. That and it now looks silly with the limited flares being removed.

Tweaked.. Side is pushed into the truck. I used to be able to get a finger in between the body and the bumper.

Before

Removal and Tape

Lots of sanding.

Holes filled with metal tape.

Time for the durabak

Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

Re: Limited flares and plastics removal

2 coats later

Done. (front bumper needs a little trim now)

New rear bumper construction should begin this weekend.
    Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

Looks awesome ive been wanting to do this to my tacoma for some time now working up to it lol
    1998 Toyota Tacoma Sr5 4x4<br />Build Thread<br />http://www.ultimateyota.com/index.php?option=com_smf&amp;Itemid=26&amp;topic=6 478.0

Looks good, I am actually going the opposite, I am adding limited flares.

so how did you damage the rear bumper?
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Yeah... you have not lived till you have had to crawl out of your drivers side window. This happened in late 2007 and really freaked me out. I had a borrowed trailer and was moving 1.5cu/yd of top soil in it. Got on the freeway and one of the trailers tires blew out. I did exactly what your NOT supposed to do and tapped the brakes. Next thing I knew the trailer dragged me off the side of the freeway and put me on my side.

The crazy part, zero broken glass. The bumper and slider saved the truck from some serious damage. Only front the passenger fender, passenger door skin and mirror had to be replaced.

(I sent Bud this pic for his site, he never posted it)
    Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&amp;R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

holy crap! glad you were ok! great pictures though!
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

That's crazy. How did they put you back on all four?
    1997 4Runner

The wrecker attached its line to the drivers side slider. Made his job pretty easy. It fired right back up and I drove it home. The trailer on the other hand got to ride on the tow truck and was totaled.
    Diamond HP8 SAS / FROR Full Float Rear / DIY F&amp;R bumper / Nitto 285s / Gen1 SC (in progress)

looks great,, I was going to do that to the 99, and "thinking" about doing it to the new rig
    Buy cool Wheeling shirts: http://www.cafepress.com/Rix_Designz

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast