Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: lessons learned about alignments

lessons learned about alignments

short story...check your cam bolts for tightness.

i give my truck alot of leeway when it comes to noises and alignment, because it has a tough life of my errors and learning. well turns out a recent issue with steering alignment changing often was actually inflicted by the alignment tech. apparently i had a cam bolt loose for quite some time. not finger loose so it was holding in one position for along time but lately it had worked to sloppy.

check those cam bolts if anything changes...the front ends will not bend or easily come out of alignment as i had chalked this up to

as a side note steering rack bushings are a pain in the butt. mostly because you have to drill out a space in the energy suspension kit. takes 6 hours if you work slow like me. a bonus is if your stock bushings are trashed they slide out easy

Re: lessons learned about alignments

I don't know about 3rd gens, but I know the torque specs on the cam bolts on 2nd gens is pretty high and I know tire store techs don't torque them to the specs. I got mine done and then once I got home torqued it to spec and it lasted way longer than it used to....
    My signature

that sounds like solid advise right there. ive heard its upwards of 100 foot pounds on 3rd gens

Troy,
    I am having some alignment issues myself.
    I can't get mine to align lol....

I was wondering, If I could get a pick of what your cams are set at?

And FYI,
    2nd gen Cam bolt torque specs are 146 ft lbs
    3rd gen Cam bolt torque specs are 96 ft lbs

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Troy,
    I am having some alignment issues myself.
    I can't get mine to align lol....

I was wondering, If I could get a pick of what your cams are set at?
    do you have allpro upper arms? if so ill snap you a pic cause they should be similar. any other arms would likely be very different on the cams

Yes I do Sir!
    wow what a stroke of luck

nice! ill be right back.

You Rule!

here they are all viewed from the front. both sides look to be all in the same spot so id guess nothing is bent. hopefully this works on your truck too, but it should be darn close

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast