Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: lessons learned about alignments

Re: lessons learned about alignments

yeah I guess I should too....
    then again I haven't driven mine religiously since...
    shoot almost a year,
    I mean yes here and there just to air it out but after the diff broke it was just depressing to drive....

I can't wait to align the truck once I get some 35s to put on it

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    And FYI,
    2nd gen Cam bolt torque specs are 146 ft lbs
    3rd gen Cam bolt torque specs are 96 ft lbs
    Yeah, I knew the 2nd gen was pretty high. I remember I went as high as my torque wrench would go and then I just had to PFT it.
    My signature

Yeah its insane how tight they have to be, heck I think lug nuts are that high as well as other suspension and even some engine components

Yeah its insane how tight they have to be, heck I think lug nuts are that high as well as other suspension and even some engine components
    Lugs are like 84 or 90. Can't remember.
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

Hey Troy, could you do me one more little favor.
    Take a pick of your ride height from the center of your hub to your lower wheel well?

Also do you have a body lift or no?

Hey Troy, could you do me one more little favor.
    Take a pick of your ride height from the center of your hub to your lower wheel well?

Also do you have a body lift or no?
    this is with one inch body lift
    [img width=800 height=600]http://i723.photobucket.com/albums/ww234/troyboy162/P1030315.jpg[/img]

Should I save one of my center caps for you, Troy?

99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

i have one now from the rims i bought off Sean. oh and dont get one step color match paint...aparently metallic is impossible to match in one step. passenger side does not look as nice as it does in the above picture

Thats cool
    I should have clarified,
    I was wondering if you could have taken a pic with a measuring tape from the center of the rim to the bottom of the fender?

I want to make sure my coil overs are adjusted right, I think they might be too high.

i learned that lesson too, my passenger tire has move all the way in, and is now wearing badly on the outside of the tire.

to correct involves taking off the skid plate, which i hate doing.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast