Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to find complete Timing belt/water pump kit?

Where to find complete Timing belt/water pump kit?

Title says it all. It's about that time to the timing belt, and of course all the pulleys, water pump, etc that's in that general area. I was looking for a COMPLETE kit.

I found these on eBay...
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Aisin...#ht_2566wt_939

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...#ht_7592wt_939

The second one obviously has a lot more. I guess my question is, are there any reputable companies out there that sell these kits already put together?

Should I do the crankshaft and camshaft seals while I'm in there? They're included in the second listing.

Lastly, is $240 a good price for that complete kit in the second listing?

Thanks
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs
    2003 Taco-was K.I.A. 4/31/12-RIP

Re: Where to find complete Timing belt/water pump kit?

I used these guys, but I think I went OEM waterpump and thermostat

http://www.store.partsdinosaur.com/page75.html
    My signature

Also, I added up all the exact same parts (as the second listing) on www.toyotapartszone.com and it came to $434.33 +tax/shipping!
    2012 Tacoma 4x4 6spd TRD, e-locker, LT265/75R16E Michelin LTX A/T2s, Stubbs HD-SKOs

I bought my kit off eBay from 'aircabinman'. I looks identical to the second link you posted, but I paid $288! Your second eBay link looks like the winner to me!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Toyot...#ht_1556wt_939

If you want to drive over and do mine while you're at it.. I'll let you! The dealer is wanting $895 in labor to do everything in that kit.

I bought the kit Fenrisx linked to.

I work at a dealer and my cost alone fore the parts minus the drive belts was over $350!

This kit is all OEM parts, I matched every part number to what is in the Toyota Parts system, I am hopefully doing mine tomorrow.

Those two kits look exactly the same, with one minor difference. The power steering belt mentioned in my second listing is 4PK1065B but the listing fenrisx is 4PK1070. Difference?

Also, both kits mentioned are listed for a 4runner. I own a Tacoma. I emailed the seller (for the second listing) in November and he said it will work for my 4runner, I'm just worried about the power steering belt. I guess if worse came to worse I could run to my local Kragen and grab a belt there.

I know the second one to be just fine I had the number crossed checked at the dealer.
    I think the second might supersede the first.
    Yes, as long as you have the 3.4l the kit should be exactly the same.

Navigator

jason, toyota isnt retarded like ford :-P a 5vz is a 5vz is a 5vz.. where as ford put different parts on the same 4.0 v6 depending on model.. when we changed the engine in my brother's 04 ranger, we bought an exploder engine since it was cheap, and the intake manifold was a completely different design! im so glad i have a yota..
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

However, not that it's relevant, but a 3VZ-E isn't a 3VZ-FE isn't a 3VZ-E.. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by fenrisx
    However, not that it's relevant, but a 3VZ-E isn't a 3VZ-FE isn't a 3VZ-E.. lol.
    3VZ-FE is an AWESOME engine, I had a camry with one and that sucker was FAST. Total high revving insane engine.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast