Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: new 4runner :-D

Navigator

new 4runner :-D

Sooo... after saving money for the last few months to fix my 4runner, i started thinking, and realized that it would be cheaper to find a different 4runner, than to fix my old one.. All suspension bits are going to be transferred to this one, as well as a few other various interior things..

teaser cell phone shot for now:

This time im gonna brace the frame BEFORE i bend anything

Big reasons for buying this one:
    - old 4runner frame was bent at Big Bear - $500 to get it on a frame straightener..
    - old 4runner's transmission was going out - this one shifts crisply.
    - frame on this new 4runner is pristine! all the stock tinfoil skid plates are perfectly straight without even any scratches on em! and the alignment cams for the a-arms are all perfectly centered, and not tweaked to make up for a bent frame. also, now i have a whole bunch of spare parts
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

Re: new 4runner :-D

Awesome! Is that a '92?
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Dude. It won't be the same if you have a silver truck rather than a white one.
    99 Taco 2.7/ It&#39;s got stuff<br /><br />[quote author=troyboy162 link=topic=8256.msg78136#msg78136 date=1255335181]Toyota never built a rock brawlin/pimp mobile...you have strayed from the intended use&nbsp; <br />[/quote]

sweet!!! that sounds great!

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Awesome! Is that a '92?
    Think its newer Dan no? Didn't they change to that front end in 93'?

Quote Originally Posted by Scuba
    Dude. It won't be the same if you have a silver truck rather than a white one.
    There is always rattle can paint :P

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    Think its newer Dan no? Didn't they change to that front end in 93'?
    AFAIK, '92 was when they changed the front end. The stripe on Kevin's 4Runner is also consistent with the '92 4Runners, but I dunno....I could be wrong.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Nice one!! FYI..it's a disease!

Dan's right, '92..and that from the guy with the 4-door '90 that doesn't have the wing windows!

*Crinale, I might want to take those O/E steps, bumpers and their assorted hardware off your hands if they're free and getting chucked.
    Fixing a stripped/recovered rig soon. Heck, if you want I'll even get a buddy to claybar/polish out that fade..but I'd keep it just like that.

Did you ever post pics of the frame fail?? If not do so, I'm wanting to see this.

Quote Originally Posted by Crinale
    ..all the stock tinfoil skid plates are perfectly straight without even any scratches on em! and the alignment cams for the a-arms are all perfectly centered, and not tweaked to make up for a bent frame. also, now i have a whole bunch of spare parts
    **Do me a favor since this sounds like an unmolested rig, take a look along the right frame rail and get me some pictures of the tin that protects the brake and fuel lines that starts just around the fuel filter all the way up to where the brake lines go up to the cab just rear of the right front wheel. There's some stuff I need to source and no idea of what they looked like since I just chucked mine.

My '90 doesn't have the wing windows either.

Shane, is that your diesel 4Runner, or are you fixing that up for someone else?

Quote Originally Posted by DHC6twinotter
    Shane, is that your diesel 4Runner, or are you fixing that up for someone else?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast