Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Ball Joint Failure - My Turn

Re: Ball Joint Failure - My Turn

Ouch! That looks like you saved it in the nick of time Avy! Id say POR15, or as I like to use that rustoleum rust converter paint and some satin black. very little rust has come back since i sprayed the entire T100 with it.

On another note, when my drivers side BJ failed it kept giving me weird feelings while I was turning-Im guessing it was moving up and down like yours was and if anything when I looked at it myself the wheel aint supposed to move up and down at all like I was getting 1 inch of play.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

man reading all of this is freaking me out. my steering is verrrry sloppy. when im on the highway, my vehicle sways from side to side. i can feel it in the steering wheel. my passengers have noted the swaying feeling too. i have 187k. i know i need to do a complete front end job.

Bob, how old are your shocks? Miles on the tires? In the past year I noticed a lot of swaying and gave everything a good looking over. For me it seemed the swaying got worse with cargo. New Trekmaster shocks and now some BFG ATs have made the ride so much better. My Revo's had around 45K on them and were a little squirrely.

mike,

new trekmasters and 99 springs were installed about 3-4 months ago (thanks lance). this condition has been progressively getting worse for about a year now.

btw, i'm going to be up in the bay area at the end of july. i'm going to try to drive up so i can visit you, ken and scott on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5

btw, i'm going to be up in the bay area at the end of july. i'm going to try to drive up so i can visit you, ken and scott on the weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Bob98SR5
    mike,

new trekmasters and 99 springs were installed about 3-4 months ago (thanks lance). this condition has been progressively getting worse for about a year now.

Hellz yeah. One you hone in on a date let us know.

Bob,
    Lower ball joints are so easy to do, i mean you could even swap them out on the trail there that easy to do.
    The uppers are the joints that are a pain in the rear to do, but I wod still get them done.
    The nice thing about the Toyota ones is they give you everything for them...

Also check your tierods, I'm sure the out er ones have seen there share of weather.

Another thing that I have been readin that apperently has been working is changing the steering guide on the rack, there is a thread some where on TTORA about it for the Tacoma's

mike and ken,

i'll definitely be up there last wkend of july. i'm trying to take off thurs to sunday, but more likely than not, friday to sunday. so there ya go. ill be purcahsing my ticket by end of month

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567