Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Will we see a new Tacoma in 2012?

Re: Will we see a new Tacoma in 2012?

*My bad...I just wanted to say my $.02 on what our next rig will be. I'll let ya all know when Wimpy hits the auction block.

lol... 10x more info on Chevy/Ford/Dodge than about the 2012 Tacoma.

Quote Originally Posted by YotaFun
    On Original Topic.
    Just imagine a 4Runner with inverted head lights and a bed and there is sort of where the Tacoma may go, as it in some shape or form it has been.
    It will most likely have the same Engine and Transmission option as the 4Runner but only the J-shift transfer case.
    Models will probably remain SR5, Trail, and Sport.
    I do figure it will be soon though, They have all these crazy packages now like the 4Runner did at the end of its 4th gen run so.
    I got it in there :P

True, you did, lol.

And didn't Toyota have head gasket issues with the 3.0l, Jamie I am a bit shocked by your heated response here cause every company has had there issues.
    Didn't mean to steer us off topic any further, but I felt compelled to provide another viewpoint on the IFS subject.

Avy you're definately right, every engine/transmission/suspension does have it's own quirks so you need to look at the overall pros and cons to see what appeals to you. I don't want to address all the items in the above posts, but again IFS is far stronger than people give it credit for (think 1000 ft-lbs pulling a sled down the track in 4WD with IFS) and you get a good ride home from it to boot.

I do have some quality complaints about Chevy though. After having my 4runner for so long, the design, fit and finish on GM trucks (or any of the domestics for that matter) are just nowhere near as good. That's one area Toyota seems to hit home runs quite regularly.

On topic: I have a feeling the new Tacoma will be very close to the redesigned 4Runner but I guess we'll have to see if the quake in Japan changes the 7-year design cycle at all.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Although I don't like the fact the 4Runner and Tacoma have grown in size with the more recent generations... I hope the new 4Runer does take heavy design ques from the 5th gen 4Runner.. I really dig the new 4Runner design.

Quote Originally Posted by MTL_4runner
    I don't want to address all the items in the above posts, but again IFS is far stronger than people give it credit for (think 1000 ft-lbs pulling a sled down the track in 4WD with IFS) and you get a good ride home from it to boot.
    Jamie you sure about that?
    Chevy Duramax Tie Rod FAIL

Jamie you sure about that?

Youtube: Chevy Duramax Tie Rod FAIL
    Yep I'm sure, those are the tie rods, not the CV's giving out (very common issue).

......and here's the fix for it:
    http://www.exaxt.ca/steering_assembly.asp

I have it on mine and it's bulletproof.

Ok back on topic.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

*Never tow a sled on stock stuff, that's the issue. Show me a Toyota that can pull that off w/o exploding too..

Only thing I saw was just like the Toyota's, the issue with the idler arms and even then Camburg and Cognito addressed that.

OK, enough of my screwed up detour, I'll open up a new thread for that when/if my budget gets closer since I plan to pay $$$$.

Im not a fan of the last gen 4runner, the tacoma was ok but meh to much plastic.

Im sick of this trend of everythings gotta be made of crappy looking plastic, inside and out-it looks and feels horrible.

Anyways: It probably will be a 4runner with a bed, seems they arent making trucks anymore but cars that think they are trucks.
    Marc<br />96&#39; T100 SR5 4x4<br /><br />Other rides:<br />00 Honda 416EX

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast