Thread: exhaust

exhaust

whats the best exhaust to get better power and mpg?? i dont want it to be loud just get better power and mpgs

Re: exhaust

its my belief that toyota worked very hard on this exhaust, and there isnt anything out there that is worth the money in terms of gains of power and MPG.

save your money and spend it on other things, even if that is just the gas bill.
    2005 Lexus LX470 - Stock for now...

1998 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6 4x4 + a bunch of goodies. Lifted, Locked, Illuminated and Armored. Winner,"Best Offroad Truck" - 2010 Pismo Jamboree. It's been upside down and still drives me to work.

Stock is the way to go. All aftermarket have a less than desirable sound and ill cost you more than you'll ever gain in MPG and power. Use the money you save to do your other mods right, the first time.

Just stick with the stock exhaust and work on other things to improve your MPG.
    - Jamie<br /><br />1996 SR5 4Runner 4X4 Auto, Deckplate Mod,&nbsp; Hayden Tranny Cooler,&nbsp; Amsoil Air Filter, OME 881/906 N86C/N91SC Lift - SOLD, but still miss it!<br /><br />2005 Silverado 2500HD Duramax Diesel 4WD

Navigator

all aftermarket exhausts and intakes actually lower your useable power, and rarely show any difference in mpg. Oh and they ALL make lots more noise too
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock

I have a TRD Cat back exhaust.
    It was a little louder and sounded awesome.
    No real MPG increase, but I think I am getting a decrease now that the resonator is dented.
    My stepdad still has stock on his 02' Sport and I think its the best.

I agree with sticking with the stock exhaust on normally aspirated setups.
    2001 Toyota 4Runner SR5 4-Dub<br />TRD supercharger,&nbsp; Toytec Coilovers, OME 890&#39;s, 285 Duratracs

What they said.
    -Daniel2000 4Runner Sport | V6 | 5spd | 4x4 | Leather | 265/75-16 BFG AT/KO | OBA | BudBuilt front skid

1990 4Runner SR5 | V6 | Auto | 2wd | 3.90 rear | Cobra CB | 265/65r17 Bridgestone Duelers H/Ts | '08 Tacoma 5 spoke rims | Has an 11:1 crawl ratio! SOLD

Navigator

Quote Originally Posted by Okie81
    I agree with sticking with the stock exhaust on normally aspirated setups.
    okie brings up a good point.. with forced induction (supercharger or turbo), definitely replace the exhaust and intake with something more free flowing, will open up the potential for way more power..
    - Kevin

2018 Taco TRD Pro - 2.5" lift, 33" tires, everything else stock.
    2012 Triumph Tiger XC - Stock